- This article is about Ivysaur's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Ivysaur. Also, for information about Ivysaur in regards to Pokémon Trainer, see Pokémon Trainer (SSBU), Squirtle (SSBU), and Charizard (SSBU).
Ivysaur is a veteran fighter in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, first playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It was confirmed during Nintendo's E3 2018 presentation.
Changes from Brawl
Grabs and Throws
- Neutral Attack: Whips a vine, then another, then extends the range for repeated vine slaps.
- Forward Tilt: Leans forward and spins the leaves around the main bulb like a helicopter blade, hitting multiple times.
- Up Tilt: Plants vines on the ground and launches body into the air.
- Down Tilt: Whips two vines quickly along the ground. This attack now only hits once.
- Dash Attack: Ivysaur perform a shoulder charge/headbutt.
- Forward Smash: Plants vines on the ground and launches the body forward.
- Up Smash: Launches a burst of spores from the bulb.
- Down Smash: Quickly whips out vines across the ground simultaneously on both sides.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: Ivysaur points its bud towards the screen and spins it leaves, hitting 6 times.
- Forward aerial: Slaps forward with a vine.
- Back aerial: Turns its top toward the front of the screen, extends two vines far behind it, and spins.
- Up aerial: Shoots a burst of spores out of the bulb.
- Down aerial: Turns upside-down and shoots a burst of spores out of the bulb.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Vines squeeze opponent.
- Forward Throw: Grabs opponent with vines and tosses them forward.
- Back Throw: Grabs opponent with vines, does a full spin, and tosses them back.
- Up Throw: Grabs opponent with vines and bounces them into the air with the bud on its back.
- Down Throw: Grabs opponent with vines, does a flip, and smashes them to the ground.
- Up Taunt:
- Down Taunt:
- Side Taunt:
In competitive play
To be added