- This article is about Isabelle's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses see Isabelle.
|“||Isabelle joins the battle from Animal Crossing: New Leaf! She uses various trinkets from around the village to battle. Her side special, ""Fishing Rod,"" not only allows her to snag and bring opponents closer, it can also be used as a recovery move.||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
When unlocked, she is fought at Town and City.
- 1 Attributes
- 2 Summary
- 3 Moveset
- 4 In competitive play
- 5 Role in World of Light
- 6 Palette Swaps
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Videos
- 10 References
- 11 External links
- Effective zoning and counter-attack abilities allow Isabelle to avoid enemy attacks.
- Pocket can be used to store items or some projectiles.
- Fishing Rod can be used to reel in distant opponents or to grab ledges.
- Balloon Trip provides good recovery.
- Lloid Trap can be used to keep opponents away.
- Relatively light Weight.
- No projectiles.
- Things stored in Pocket eventually disappear.
To be added
- Neutral Attack: Swings a toy hammer.
- Forward Tilt: Swings an umbrella in front of her.
- Up Tilt: Swings a broom overhead.
- Down Tilt: Plucks grass. Exactly like Villager.
- Dash Attack: Trips and drops a pot on the ground in front of her.
- Forward Smash: Explodes a party popper in front of her.
- Up Smash: Blows a whistle and a sign pops up out of the ground in front of her.
- Down Smash: Throws a bucket of water to each side.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack: Smacks the ground with pom-poms.
- Neutral aerial: Spins around with pom-poms in her hands.
- Forward aerial: Shoots a ball from a slingshot in front of her, exactly like Villager.
- Back aerial: Shoots a ball from a slingshot behind her, exactly like Villager.
- Up aerial: Swings turnips above her, exactly like Villager does.
- Down aerial: Swings turnips below her, exactly like Villager.
Grabs and Throws
- Grab: Catches the opponent using a bug-net.
- Pummel: Tugs on her victim caught in the bug-net.
- Throws: Hurls the opponent in one of four directions depending on the direction chosen.
|Isabelle's Special Moves|
|Side Special||Fishing Rod|
|Up Special||Balloon Trip|
|Down Special||Lloid Trap|
|Final Smash||Dream Town Hall|
- Up Taunt: Isabelle will wave to the screen.
- Down Taunt: She twirls her hands around and jumps up.
- Side Taunt: She claps her hands.
- She comes out of a Town Hall, the one also used in her Final Smash.
- She stretches her arms, in a similar fashion to waking up.
- She looks at her tail.
- Isabelle happily jumps up and down twice, and then performs the Pride emotion.
- She waves at a flying gyroid, and innocently faces the camera.
- Waves energetically with her left then right hands, then poses with her arms wide open and a joyful smile.
In competitive play
To be added
Role in World of Light
Although Isabelle does not appear in the World of Light opening cutscene, she was vaporized and later imprisoned alongside the rest of the fighters (sans Kirby) when Galeem unleashed his beams of light.
She can be found near a small town on a secluded road, that requires the spirit of Kapp'n (Wild World) to be driven through a tunnel to reach. Freeing her unlocks a path to the town.
- Isabelle is the third character to be promoted from Assist Trophy to a playable fighter after Little Mac from Punch-Out!! and Dark Samus from the Metroid Prime series.
- Isabelle receiving her invitation in a letter during her trailer is a reference to the E3 trailer of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U where Villager also received his invitation in a letter.
- Additionally, Isabelle, Villager, and Joker are the only characters to receive a visible invitation through their trailers.
- Isabelle is the second fighter in the Smash Bros. series to be a domesticated dog, the first being the Duck Hunt dog. This does not include Fox, Wolf, or Lucario.