- This article is about the Inklings' appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Inklings.
|“||Attacks with a variety of weapons. Covering opponents with ink leads to more and more damage–plus these Inklings are really fashionable!||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
- When the Inkling inks opponents, they will take more damage
- Inklings can only regenerate ink by holding down the "B" button while shielding or respawning.
- When low on ink, special moves and its smash attacks become much weaker in both damage and knockback.
- When in water, they take small amounts of damage during the time they stay in the water.
The Inkling is considered a completely new addition to the roster, as the moveset takes strong inspiration from the Splatoon games. Using multiple weapons from the games (mainly the Splattershot), the Inkling has the unique attribute of mainly using ink to battle opponents, in which players who get temporarily covered in it take more damage from any attack. Some attacks, like the Splattershot and Splat Roller, even leave ink on the ground which slows down opponents who walk in it. Most of the Inkling's attacks use ink, including smash attacks, and the Splattershot may be considered the main way to quickly cover enemies entirely in ink. However, just like in its home series, the Inkling has a limited ink supply, which if it runs out, special attacks and smash attacks will become weaker, some special attacks becoming useless without it. To work around this, the player can press B while shielding to turn into the Inkling's squid form to refill the ink tank. Thusly, the Inkling's strategy works around the concept of controlling the ink supply and using the ink to keep opponents at a disadvantage in both movement and damage percentage.
- Neutral Attack: Punches forth, then throws out a kick, and then fires several ink projectiles from their Splattershot, finishing with a thrust of the Splattershot.
- Forward Tilt: Swings their Splattershot in a downwards arc in front of them like a club.
- Up Tilt: Does a simple flip kick.
- Down Tilt: Does a breakdance kick, hitting twice.
- Dash Attack: Rams forwards with their shoulder.
- Forward Smash: Swings an Inkbrush forwards.
- Up Smash: Fires a Blaster upwards, setting off an explosion of ink overhead.
- Down Smash: Swings a Slosher to each side.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: Turns upside down and spins around with their legs extended.
- Forward aerial: Kicks forwards with both legs.
- Back aerial: Swings their Splattershot behind them.
- Up aerial: Kicks overhead twice.
- Down aerial: Thrusts the Splattershot downwards. Is a meteor smash.
Grabs and Throws
- Forward Throw: Blasts the opponent away with the Splattershot.
- Back Throw: Takes on their squid form and hurls the opponent backwards.
- Up Throw: Takes on their squid form and rams the opponent upwards.
- Down Throw: Slams the opponent into the ground.
- Neutral: Covers opponents with ink using the Splattershot.
- Side Special: Runs over opponents using the Roller, trapping any victims in a Buried state. Also leaves ink behind, which slows down opponents.
- Up Special: Flies through the air with the Super Jump.
- Down Special: Throws a Splat Bomb up into the air which explodes after a few seconds. The longer the special button is held, the farther and lower the bomb is thrown.
- Shield Special: Inkling refills the ink tank.
- Up Taunt:
- Down Taunt:
- Side Taunt:
In competitive play
To be added
The Palette Swaps for the Inkling are divided between two sexes; the default Female and alternate skin Male.
- Both Female & Male Inkling are shown in Adventure Mode: World of Light: making them the only character to appear as their default skin and alternate skin.