|“||Ike's side smash attack is extremely powerful, but it leaves him open, so you'll need to reach your opponent's moves carefully. You can choose between his Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn costumes.||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
- 1 How to Unlock
- 2 Attributes
- 3 Summary
- 4 Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- 5 Moveset
- 6 In competitive play
- 7 Role in World of Light
- 8 Palette Swaps
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Trivia
- 11 External links
How to Unlock
- Play VS matches, with Ike being the 14th character unlocked.
- Clear Classic Mode with Mario or any character in his character tree, with Ike being unlocked after Little Mac.
- Have Ike join the party in World of Light.
For the first two methods, the player must fight and defeat Ike on the Coliseum stage.
- Heavyweight status, making him difficult to KO.
- Disjointed reach, being one of the longest in the game.
- High damage and knockback, allowing him to secure KOs easily.
- Long-lasting attacks.
- Excellent aerial game, which is useful for approaching and setting up combos.
- High startup and ending lag on attacks, which can be easily punished if whiffed.
- Poor off-stage endurance, making him easily edgeguarded.
- Poor recovery, possessing linear recovery options
- Lacks ranged options, requiring him to fight up close.
- Heavyweight, making him easily susceptible to combos.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
Ike was buffed in the transition to Ultimate. The universal changes such as a three-frame jumpsquat and reduced landing lag improve his aerial game to make it useful for approaches. His Neutral Aerial is a more effective more for Ike due to having faster startup and end lag, and he received a new Up Aerial similar to other Fire Emblem characters, making it more effective for juggling due to its high range. Eruption becomes an even more effective ledgetrapping option due to its ability to produce additional flame pillars when charging, increasing its range. Finally, despite the universal decreased effectiveness of grabs, Ike still possesses his powerful down throw, which combos better due to his better jumpsquat.
However, despite these buffs Ike still remains relatively slow on the ground in comparison to other fighters, making his grounded approach somewhat predictable. The buffs that faster sword fighters received also means that Ike is more prone to being juggled and pressured due to his heavyweight status. His Forward Aerial, one of his most notable tools in previous titles, was weakened in terms of utility due to not being able to autocancel out of a short hop and posessing more end lag. Finally, Ike's recovery is still rather poor, if not even more exploitable due to Ragnell no longer clipping through the stage.
Ike's default costume is his Ranger costume from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance used in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, while his alternate costume is his Hero costume from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn costume used in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, with his palette swaps being allocated to each costume and Ragnell being a slightly deeper tone while using Ike's Hero costume to signify its age in Radiant Dawn. Ike is now voiced by Greg Chun, who previously voiced him in Fire Emblem Heroes, with Ike's tone being deeper while being in his Hero outfit.
- Runs, walks, and dashes faster
- Air speed is higher
- Forward Tilt deals more damage and starts and ends faster.
- Up Tilt has less end lag.
- Up Smash has a shockwave hitbox in front of Ike
- Down Smash deals more damage.
- Aerials have less landing lag.
- Neutral Aerial has more range and less startup, but deals less damage.
- Forward Aerial starts faster and has more range, and has a new hitbox behind Ike, but has more end lag, deals less damage, and does not auto-cancel
- Up Aerial now consists of an inward slash upwards, having a faster startup but less duration.
Grabs and Throws
- Down Throw leads into combos easier at low percents.
- Eruption releases a smaller pillar of fire when half-charged and two additional pillars fully-charged.
- Quick Draw can no longer be held indefinitely, but charges faster and ends faster.
- Aether has more super armor frames and less startup and ending lag, but follows the perimeter of the stage instead of clipping it when used to recover, being less safe against opponents on the ledge.
- Counter incorporates a blue flaming effect, but deals less knockback and has more endlag on both parts of the attack.
- Neutral Attack: fist jab with kick; finishes the combo with overhead sword swing with knockback
- Forward Tilt: Swings outwards with Ragnell; can be tilted to attack higher or lower.
- Up Tilt: Pushes Ragnell upwards while holding it parallel to the ground; good launching power as an anti-air option.
- Down Tilt: Sweeps Ragnell across the ground; Ike's quickest grounded option
- Dash Attack: Dashes forward and swings Ragnell upwards; launches further if connecting with the clean hit
- Forward Smash: Slams Ragnell into the ground in front of him. high startup and endlag but powerful in terms of knockback
- Up Smash: Swings Ragnell overhead in an arc; covers high range above Ike and on both sides.
- Down Smash (Cast Off): Swings Ragnell in front, then quickly behind him; the back hit deals more knockback.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: Swings Ragnell around him. Ike's most versatile combo tool due to its speed and low endlag
- Forward aerial (Rising Swing): Swings Ragnell forward; slow startup but good knockback.
- Back aerial (Repositioning Slash): Turns and slashes Ragnell behind himn; Ike's quickest aerial
- Up aerial: An inward slash upwards; high startup but good juggling potential
- Down aerial: Swings Ragnell directly below him; if an opponent connects with the clean hit on Ragnell's tip, they will be Meteor Smash'd.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Headbutts the opoponent
- Forward Throw: Kicks the opponent forward
- Back Throw: Tosses the opponent behind him and kicks them away
- Up Throw: Swings his arms upwards to launch the opponent into the air.
- Down Throw: Slams the opponent into the ground before stomping on them.
|Ike's Special Moves|
|Side Special||Quick Draw|
|Final Smash||Great Aether|
- Up Taunt: Holds Ragnell in front of him and charges up while grunting
- Side Taunt: Holds Ragnell upwards behind him while saying "Prepare yourself."
- Down Taunt: Plants Ragnell into the ground and crosses his arms.
- Warps onto the stage while grunting before taking his stance.
- Taps Ragnell on his shoulder twice.
- Rubs his hand along Ragnell's edge.
- Plants Ragnell into the ground and crosses his arms saying, "I submit to no one," (Ranger outfit) or "I must move forward." (Hero outfit)
- Swings Ragnell twice and rests it on his shoulder saying, "Your skills are remarkable," (Ranger outfit) or "Don't stand in my way." (Hero outfit).
- Performs Aether while saying, "You'll get no sympathy from me," (Ranger outfit) or "I fight for my friends." (Hero outfit).
In competitive play
To be added
Role in World of Light
Although Ike does not appear in the World of Light opening cutscene, he was vaporized and later imprisoned alongside the rest of the fighters (sans Kirby) when Galeem unleashed his beams of light.
Ike was one of the many fighters that fell under Dharkon's control upon Galeem's first defeat. He is one of the fighters found in the Mysterious Dimension sub-area, being an obligatory unlock before the next necessary fighter battle, Meta Knight is encountered, and after Greninja has been awakened.
- Ike's official render resembles his sidestep.
- Ike's previous victory lines "You'll get no sympathy from me," and "I fight for my friends," return in his victory animation where he perform Aether, which previously only consisted of Ike grunting.
- Ike is the only character to possess different voice lines for his alternate costume while retaining the same voice actor.
- Ike is the only character to revert his default design to one he previously used in a Smash title; in this case he reuses his Ranger design used in Brawl as his default costume once more, while retaining his Hero design used in SSBWU/3DS as an alternate costume.