The Ikari Warriors universe (怒, Ikari) is a a series of run and gun games created by SNK. First released for Arcade in 1986. Two protagonists of the series, Ralf Jones and Clark Still, only made a cameos on the SNK stage via downloading downloadable fighter debuted in Fatal Fury, Terry Bogard.
The series focuses on Paul (Ralf Jones) and Vince (Clark Still), members of the Ikari Warriors, a group of mercenary soldiers, in several of their missions. The series official slogan is "Surviving all perils even zapping your friend!" (俺が生き残るためなら相棒でも倒す！). Heidern is also their commander and one of the regular fighters of King of Fighters like them.
The mobile game adds KOF's original character and the main member of Ikari team, Leona Heidern.
List of games in The King of Fighters franchise
- Ikari Warriors (Arcade, C64 and NES (1986), Acorn, BBC, CPC, MSX, PC booter and ZX (1987), Amiga, Atari ST (1988), Atari 2600 and 7800 (1989))
- Victory Road (Arcade (1986), NES (1988), ZX Spectrum (1989), Amiga (1990))
- Ikari III: The Rescue (Arcade (1989), C64 and NES (1990))
- Ikari - Leona Gekitohen (Mobile (2006))
All of the content for this franchise was released on November 6th, 2019 as part of the version 6.0.0 update.
All characters are cameos in the King of Fighters stage.
- Ralf Jones and Clark Still: Members of the mercenary organization, the Ikari Warriors, Ralf and Clark work under commander Heidern and are regulars of the King of Fighters tournament and since the sixth entry of Metal Slug. Their first appearance was in the game Ikari Warriors.