Iceberg is the Ice Climbers' Final Smash. Similar to the assist trophy Dr. Wright's buildings, the Ice Climbers summon an enormous iceberg up from the ground that covers most of the entire stage. The iceberg makes all platforms (including the iceberg itself) slippery for all characters except for the Ice Climbers.
It can damage and freeze any opponents who touch it or any platforms close to the iceberg. When opponents touch the mound of ice, they get stuck for a few moments and take steady amounts of damage, about 2%. When the opponent freezes on the sides of the mountain, he/she gets a deal of knockback depending how much damage is accumulated and which part of the mountain the opponent froze at. Any damage can be avoided by edge-hanging through the duration of the move. The iceberg will become smaller if it is attacked by opponents. The size of the iceberg is proportionate to the size of the stage; the larger the stage, the larger the iceberg. Even if the Climbers are separated or one is dead, the remaining climber can still perform the Final Smash, but instead of high-fiving each other, the lone climber lifts up his/her hammer.
The Ice Climbers' Final Smash. This giant ice mountain appears in the middle of a stage--it's incredibly slippery, so it's hard to control yourself when traversing it. In addition to being slick, this ice is also COLD, so opponents will take damage just from touching it. Attack the ice, and it will take damage and slowly shrink. Is it actually useful? That's a mystery.
- There is a glitch where, if Iceberg is used on WarioWare Inc. stage, when the stage changes to a microgame, you can get stuck under the ground with the rest of the iceberg.
- There is a glitch, generally on custom stages, that cause the Ice Climbers to fall through the level, especially if they are caught under an enclosed space, such as the underground sections of Spear Pillar and Temple.
- There is a glitch where if a Timer is grabbed while the iceberg is on the screen and its effects last until after the end of the Final Smash, when the Timer's time-altering effect ends, its glowing effect will remain until the end of the match. This glitch is most effective on larger stages like Temple or New Pork City.
- Despite Popo and Nana being called the Ice Climbers, they are not able to climb (or walk in this matter) on the Iceberg for it acts like an unwalkable, slanted platform, but they can stand on the tip of the iceberg.
- Also odd, in the trophy, you see Popo and Nana dancing happily near the summit of the iceberg with the northern lights. In the game, they can't walk or climb the iceberg, much less than dance on it, and the northern lights do not appear. It is also possible to stand at the top of the iceberg in the character's toppling animation.
- When used on the Mario Circuit stage, if initiated when the cars are coming towards the screen, the Shy Guys' karts won't be affected; they will go straight through the iceberg.
- Attacking the iceberg, especially with a Cracker Launcher or other strong fire attacks, actually reduces the iceberg with each hit, knocking it towards the bottom of the screen; However, it is impossible to destroy it entirely and, no matter how small it gets, the damage received is still the same.
- When used in the Halberd stage, the Iceberg only rises to the lower part of the screen, only peeking in the main platform and not sparring through the secondary one.
- Sometimes, a Bumper will bounce up and down rather than stay in place.
|Ice Climbers' Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Ice Shot|
|Side Special||Squall Hammer|