The following is an extract from the website:
- Grab a Fire Flower.
- Jump in the air.
- Press Z in air (to have Popo release the Fire Flower in air and then almost instantly have Nana grab it).
- Press and hold A for Nana to use the Fire Flower.
- While still holding A, press Down B.
Popo and Nana will then do their Blizzard attack and then Nana will be on fire (holding the Fire Flower with fire coming out of it constantly) the whole time (unless the player drops it or get KO'd then the trick will stop, although the player can still perform it again).
- The glitch has no practical applications due to the fact that the flames do no damage as they have no associated hitboxes. This is because, as Mew2King states in his description of the glitch, the Fire Flower itself is not being used to produce the flames, it is required merely to produce the effect.
- If the Fire Flower is used while the glitch is active, the glitch flames will be replaced by the usual ones produced by the Fire Flower, but they will not last forever as the item runs out of energy after a while. When this happens, the glitch flames return, once again doing no damage.
- If the Fire Flower is lost in any way (i.e. if the Ice Climber holding it is KO'd or drops/throws it), then the glitch flames disappear. Simply picking up the same Fire Flower again does not make the glitch flames reappear - the only way of making them return is by repeating the entire method.