|This Super Smash Bros. related article or section is a stub. You can help Smashpedia by expanding it.|
- This article is about Dragon Quest Hero(es) appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Heroes.
Hero (or The Hero) is a downloadable newcomer in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate from the Dragon Quest universe. He is classified as fighter #72. His inclusion was revealed at the Nintendo Direct show at the E3 2019, and was released on July 30th.
The Hero possesses four different variations as alternate costumes, specifically the Hero from Dragon Quest XI (Luminary, who serves as the default outfit), Dragon Quest III, Dragon Quest IV, and Dragon Quest VIII. The Hero's Sword and Shield will also change depending on the outfit, similarly to Cloud and Bayonetta (although this is aesthetic).
The Hero possesses a mechanic known as "MP Gauge," which possesses a maximum of 100 MP. By using a Special Move, which is shown to have four variations, the MP Gauge depletes by an MP cost allocated to each spell. The MP Gauge refills over time, though it fills faster when landing attacks.
- Hero's Shield can block incoming projectiles similarly to Link's shield by standing or walking, though it seems to possess durability as indicated by the shield darkening the longer it shields a projectile.
- Standard Attack: Upward slash, downward slash, inward swipe.
- Forward Tilt: Performs a single
- Up Tilt: Performs a single upward thrust.
- Down Tilt: Kicks forward while leaning on his arm.
- Dash Attack: A jumping slash similar to Link’s.
The Hero's Smash attacks have the chance to Critical Hit, where they deal more damage and knockback, and trigger the Special Zoom.
- Side: Slashes his sword in front of him with two hands, similar to what Ike does in his Side Smash.
- Up: TBD
- Down: TBE
- Neutral: Swings his sword around him.
- Forward: TBD
- Back: Swings his sword behind him, turning around thus.
- Upward: TBD
- Down: Swings his sword below him, causing a spike
Grabs and Throws
To be added
- The Dragon Quest hero (as a default hero Luminary) is one of the four characters whose palette swap are different characters, others being Bowser Jr., Olimar, and Pokémon Trainer Red.
- Much like Pokémon Trainer back in Brawl, the Dragon Quest hero(es) didn't have their female counterparts playable in their Smash debut.
- So far, Kamikaze is one of the few moves whose user is at extreme risk of Self-Destruction. Others include Jigglypuff's Shield Jump.
To be added