|This Super Smash Bros. related article or section is a stub. You can help Smashpedia by expanding it.|
Hero (or The Hero) is a downloadable newcomer in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate from the Dragon Quest universe. He is classified as fighter #72. His inclusion was revealed at the Nintendo Direct show at the E3 2019. The Hero is stated to be released Summer 2019.
The Hero possesses four different variations as alternate costumes, specifically the Hero from Dragon Quest XI (Luminary, who serves as the default outfit), Dragon Quest III, Dragon Quest IV, and Dragon Quest VIII. The Hero's Sword and Shield will also change depending on the outfit, similarly to Cloud and Bayonetta (although this is aesthetic).
The Hero possesses a mechanic known as "MP Gauge," which possesses a maximum of 100 MP. By using a Special Move, which is shown to have four variations, the MP Gauge depletes by a certain amount, though it is unknown how it refreshes or how much each spell cost
- Hero's Shield can block incoming projectiles similarly to Link's shield though it seems to possess durability as indicated by the shield darkening the longer it shields a projectile.
- Standard Attack: Upward slash, downward slash, inward swipe.
- Forward Tilt: Performs a single
- Up Tilt: Performs a single upward thrust.
- Down Tilt: Kicks forward while leaning on his arm.
- Dash Attack: A jumping slash similar to Link’s.
- Side: Slashes his sword in front of him with two hands, similar to what Ike does in his Side Smash.
- Up: TBD
- Down: TBE
- Neutral: Swings his sword around him.
- Forward: TBD
- Back: Swings his sword behind him, turning around thus.
- Upward: TBD
- Down: TBD
Grabs and Throws
- Standard Special Move:
- Frizz: Launches a Fireball forward.
- Zap: Launches a thunderbolt from his sword.
- Side Special Move:
- Karackle Slash: A physical slash that freezes enemies.
- Snooze: Puts targets to sleep.
- Up Special Move:
- Zoom: The Hero zooms upward.
- Down Special Move:
- Kaclang: The Hero encases himself in metal, becoming immune to damage.
- Bounce: The Hero reflects projectiles.
- Oomph: The Hero gains a buff in his Smash Attacks.
- Kamikaze: The Hero unleashes an explosion, dealing massive damage and knockback. When this is used, the Hero may possibly die.
- Gigaslash: Every Dragon Quest Hero so far charges the chosen hero's sword with lightning.
To be added
- The Dragon Quest hero (as a default hero Luminary) is one of the four characters whose palette swap are different characters, others being Bowser Jr., Olimar, and Pokémon Trainer Red.
- Much like Pokémon Trainer back in Brawl, the Dragon Quest hero(es) didn't have their female counterparts playable in their Smash debut.
- So far, Kamikaze is one of the few moves whose user is at extreme risk of Self-Destruction. Others include Jigglypuff's Shield Jump.
To be added