Little Mac transforms into his hulking alter ego for 11s. After transforming into Giga Mac, Little Mac can still use his normal moves, but their power is significantly increased, similar to Giga Bowser and Wario Man. His Smash attacks, in particular, have a significant damage boost, being able to one-hit KO at 40% damage. The two attacks that are different for Giga Mac are his neutral combo, which is slower but deals more damage, and Straight Lunge, which has its charge time reduced in half. Giga Mac's aerial attacks, however, remain the same as Little Mac's. He has he fastest air speed of all the characters, and is only slower on the ground than Sonic and wario Man.
In addition to increasing his damage input, Giga Mac has similar properties to Giga Bowser, being immune to launching, flinching, or shield breaking, but can still take damage. However, for the duration of the transformation, the Power Meter is disabled, making Giga Mac unable to use the KO Punch. Doc Louis will also not be heard chiming in during taunts.
Giga Mac first appeared in Punch-Out!! for Wii. In the game, Little Mac becomes Giga Mac after one of the players fills up a blue bar by punching the other player at certain times.
- In the E3 2014 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U demo, due to a glitch, if Giga Mac touched a spring, he would be stuck in his bind pose for the remaining duration of the Final Smash.
- While the transformation is a size increase for Little Mac, Giga Mac is actually only slightly larger than Bowser.
- Since windboxes still affect Giga Mac, it is possible to KO him off the upper blast line (such as with Greninja's down taunt when Giga Mac is in the air); however, since he does not have a screen/star KO animation, this will always result in a blast KO.
- Even though Wireframe Mac uses 8-bit sound effects for his "voice", Wireframe Mac still emits the vocal sound that Little Mac emits upon transforming, and still has the default Giga Mac texture. However, the sound effect that plays when Little Mac begins transforming (during the ball of green light) is completely removed in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
- Aside from the obvious technical reason, Giga Mac not having a wireframe variant might be because the transformation was introduced in the Wii version of Punch-Out!!.
- Interestingly, the speed multiplier of Training Mode does affect how long Giga Mac lasts, despite the fact that his duration formula is the same as that of Wario-Man and Mega Lucario.
- Giga Mac is one of the few Final Smashes to be a Spirit.
|Little Mac's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Straight Lunge|
|Side Special||Jolt Haymaker|
|Up Special||Rising Uppercut|
|Down Special||Slip Counter|
|Final Smash||Giga Mac||Giga Mac Rush|