The Giga Bowser Transformation is Bowser's Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It causes him to turn into Giga Bowser from Super Smash Bros. Melee, gaining immense strength. While in this form, he is immune to knockback, but can still receive damage, which may leave Bowser severely weakened after the Final Smash. The transformation lasts about 10 seconds. He gains no new abilities while Giga Bowser, though his existing abilities become more powerful, and most gain elemental side effects, ranging from Shadow, Fire, Ice, and Electricity.
Changes from Melee to Brawl
- Giga Bowser is no longer available as a boss character. Transforming into Giga Bowser with a Smash Ball is the only way Giga Bowser can be used/fought.
- Similar changes made to Bowser from Melee.
- Fire Breath weakens over time
- Whirling Fortress no longer has major vertical recovery distance
- More Attacks have visual side effects
- Immunity to knockback, but not damage. Being hit by powerful multi-hit attacks can also freeze Giga Bowser's movement.
- Standard Attack - Two quick claw swipes. 7% damage on first swipe, 9% on second.
- Dash Attack - Running headbutt. 15% damage. Does 9% damage and slams foe into the ground if the foe is hit by Giga's belly.
- Forward Tilt - Punches while leaning his body forward which also burns the foe with shadow fire. 17% damage.
- Up Tilt - Swats the air above him which also burns the foe with shadow fire. 15% damage.
- Down Tilt - Claw swipes while crouched. Does two hits. First hit is 9% damage and slams the foe into the ground, second is 15% and burns the foe with shadow fire(total of 24% damage).
- Forward Smash - Rears back and then performs a very strong headbutt, creating a fiery explosion in front of him. Fully charged does 39% damage, while no charge does 28%.
- Up Smash - Pounces on all fours and jumps straight up, hitting with his shell which also conducts electricity. Opponents who only shield his jump will be hit by him landing. Full charged does 36% damage, while no charge does 16%.
- Down Smash - Retracts into his shell and spins. Limited suction and freezes foes. Multi-hit attack that does up to 41% damage fully charged, and 27% uncharged.
- Ledge Attack 1 - Quickly spins onto the stage, then retreats back a bit which burns foes with shadow fire. 16% damage.
- Ledge Attack 2(Used while damage is 100% or more) - Slowly climbs onto stage, and does a quick claw jab which burns foes with shadow fire. 16% damage.
- Neutral Aerial - Spins around inside his shell which conducts electricity. 15% damage.
- Forward Aerial - Swats forward rather quickly which can burn foes with shadow fire. 15% damage.
- Back Aerial - Thrusts out his shell behind him which also conducts electricity. 17% damage.
- Up Aerial - Swings his head upward. Has huge knockback. 20% damage.
- Down Aerial - Retracts into his shell and spins himself into the ground which also conducts electricity. Limited shockwave if hits the ground. Multi-hit attack that does up to 36% damage.
Grabs & Throws
- Pummel - Hits foe with his head which also burns them. 3% damage.
- Forward Throw - Launches foe forward using his head which also burns them. 18% damage.
- Back Throw - Turns around, and tosses foe forward which also burns them with shadow fire. 18% damage.
- Down Throw - Bowser performs a body slam on his opponent. 21% damage.
- Up Throw - Bowser tosses foe upwards, retreats into his shell, and spins, damaging the foe with his spikes which also conduct electricity. 26% damage.
Up: Roars (same as Melee)
Side: Bites in front of him.
Down: Dances precarioiusly on one foot.
Bowser, transformed into the terrible and brutal form first seen in Super Smash Bros. Melee. While in this form, he's invulnerable--he takes no damage and cannot be budged. His appearance is so fierce, it's as if he doesn't even belong in the Smash Bros. universe. He cannot maintain this form for long, so dealing out damage efficiently is key.
Contrary to the trophy description, Giga Bowser will still take damage from attacks. It is likely the specifics of the move were changed after the trophy description was written.
Strangely, Giga Bowser cannot swim, pick up items, or use a spring.
|Bowser's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Fire Breath|
|Side Special||Koopa Klaw||Flying Slam|
|Up Special||Whirling Fortress|
|Down Special||Bowser Bomb|
|Final Smash||—||Giga Bowser||Giga Bowser Punch|