- This article is about Ganondorf's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Ganondorf.
|“||His new design matches his appearance in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time! Now he uses his sword for all of his smash attacks. He's a bit slimmer than he was before, but his Warlock Punch is devastating! For his Final Smash he transforms into Ganon, the Demon King and quickly charges forward.||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
When unlocked, he is fought at Bridge of Eldin.
- Extreme damage and knockback.
- Extreme weight.
- Sword attacks are relatively slow and predictable.
- Poor recovery options.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Ganondorf's design has been updated to match his appearance in Ocarina of Time, as it was in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
- All of Ganondorf's Smash attacks have been changed to now have him utilize his sword.
- Up tilt comes out faster.
- All of Ganondorf's aerials have less ending lag.
- Up air coves less horizontal distance.
Grabs and Throws
- The Warlock Punch neutral special has been given more Super Armor.
- The Wizard's Foot down special has less ending lag and travels faster.
- Wizard's Foot's sweetspot is now the tip of his foot as appose to Smash 4 where it was the sourspot.
- Dark Dive does more knockback.
- His Final Smash has changed from Beast Ganon to Demon King Ganon.
- Neutral Attack: Ganondorf strikes forth with one hand.
- Forward Tilt: Ganondorf performs a push kick.
- Up Tilt (Volcano Kick): Ganondorf raises one leg, and then after some time slams his leg down to the ground, causing an explosion; has windboxes that pull nearby opponents in range of the kick.
- Down Tilt (Leg Sweep): Ganondorf kicks low to the ground.
- Dash Attack: Ganondorf rams forth with his shoulder.
- Forward Smash: Ganondorf raises his sword and then brings it down until it impacts with the ground in front of him.
- Up Smash: Ganondorf swings his sword above him in an arc.
- Down Smash: Ganondorf slam the hilt of the sword forwards across the ground, and then slams backwards with the blade of the sword.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: Ganondorf kicks forwards twice.
- Forward aerial: Ganondorf raises his fist and then brings it down in front of himself.
- Back aerial: Ganondorf strikes behind himself with one arm.
- Up aerial: Ganondorf kicks overhead.
- Down aerial: Ganondorf powerfully stomps downwards with both legs.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Ganondorf throws a knee into the opponent.
- Forward Throw: Ganondorf punches the opponent.
- Back Throw: Ganondorf tosses the opponent back and then kicks them away.
- Up Throw: Ganondorf hurls the opponent upwards.
- Down Throw: Ganondorf slams the opponent into the ground.
|Ganondorf's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Warlock Punch|
|Side Special||Gerudo Dragon||Flame Choke|
|Up Special||Dark Dive|
|Down Special||Wizard's Foot|
|Final Smash||—|| Beast Ganon</noinclude>
In competitive play
To be added
Classic Mode: Encroaching Darkness
Ganondorf fights against the heroes of various series.
Role in World of Light
Ganondorf was one of the many fighters that fell under Dharkon's control upon Galeem's first defeat. He is unlocked in the Sacred Realm in the Dark Realm on top of the land which makes up the Triforce of Power. This land can only be accessed after interacting with the Master Sword (just after the Cloud unlock). Unlocking Ganondorf will briefly reveal the Triforce of Power in the center of the map before disappearing to reveal Ganon's castle and his boss fight.