- The official Most Used Characters List just came out. Discuss. --Posted by Pikamander2 (Talk) at 02:17, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
- That was rude and not really an opinion on it. Consider why they're the most used. Just take a minute to wonder at all the possibilities of the why, rather than making a sarcastic remark. --Sky (t · c · w) 02:41, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
Ok, let's try a serious post. I personally am surprised by how low sonic was, I thought he was going to be a lot higher. Pit to, if you just keep spamming as pit, you'll eventually win.Smorekingxg456 (talk) 17:27, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
I did, the only reson hi's at the bottom is because the best guys just are good for Meta Knights type of strategy. In my opinion, the characters have different ways of winning, not different amounts of winning. Like Bowser is for close up and powerful attacks, not aerial battles, such as Meta Knight's. Captain Falcon is at the bottom because he's been used so infrequently in tournaments. I personally, cannot use Meta Knights strategy, because I prefer not to risk crashing in aerial battles. I prefer the edgeguarding tactics that captain falcon allows.Man of falcon (talk) 18:57, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
- That's not true. You're underestimating the creative ability of professional players. Have you SEEN what they've done? At a point in which people are even tourney-worthy, most characters are stymied by G&W. -capefeather (talk) 03:35, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Um, yeah. This list has some problems. Let's take a look, shall we?
- Snake -- No way is he number 2. Try number 19 at most. He's slow, his projectiles are not that good, and his moves are laggy with modest priority.
- Try telling that to all the pros who lost to a Snake. -capefeather (talk) 03:35, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- Snakes lose too. Your statement doesn't even have the virtue of the reverse being false. A large number of pros play Snake, ergo, you have a large number of tournament victories with Snake. That doesn't say anything about Snake's value as a character, it says everything about the number of people who play Snake. Brawl is a very young game. The sample size is far too small. Semicolon (talk) 14:05, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- DDD -- He's number 3 because of his chain grabs. That's a stupid reason, only partly because nobody wants to see some guy just chaingrab his way through a slew of mediocre Sonics for an entire tournament. Retarded.
- Many other characters as well. Also, minions FTW. -capefeather (talk) 03:35, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- ROB -- I still don't see why people think ROB is good. He's bad people, he's really very bad. If someone takes issue with this point, we ought to go somewhere else because I swear I can write pages about how bad ROB is.
- Not an argument. -capefeather (talk) 03:35, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- Wario -- His moves are so laggy, he doesn't hit hard, he falls way too fast, he's even somewhat light. WTF is Wario doing so high?
- He wins. -capefeather (talk) 03:35, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- Lucario -- He's slow, laggy, and his damage dealt and priority are dependent on his own damage percentage. Bad idea? Methinks so.
- Azen. -capefeather (talk) 03:35, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- Donkey Kong -- Don't even know what to say about this one (I'm so flabbergasted), except that Donkey has always sucked. Always. You don't mess with that kind of tradition.
- Zelda -- She's all power without the lag, so where's the love? Her priority is extremely high, too. Her only problems are her relative weight and speed, but she doesn't deserve so far as 20th.
The rest is fine, I guess. I also think it's a bit irresponsible to release a tier list so early. I mean, when the game first came out it was fun to speculate but the BR is serious which is what's scary to me. It takes years to make an accurate tier list, and they may just have f-ed up the metagame of other characters for an awful long time by making everyone focus on their top six or seven. That's okay for me, I guess, because I have no problem newbbashing Snakes, ROBs and DDDs all day. Semicolon (talk) 20:29, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
- Well Donkey Kong has horrible matchups against the others except for ironically the higher cast. For example he does pretty well against Mr Game and Watch plus he's the only matchup against meta knights thats not neutral or in meta knights favor - Hatake91 (talk) 22:31, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
I agree with you mostly except about R.O.B. I can write pages on how GOOD he is. I use him and can do very well, almost as good as Meta Knight. I was also expecting the Space Animals to be higher...ALOT HIGHER. I also think CF should NOT BE ON THE BOTTOM. He is fast and damages well. I can write alot more but I will hold off for now.--Oxico (talk) 21:19, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
- Perhaps then we should Brawl. I'm on C-Hawk's Wii. Are you available? Semicolon (talk) 21:36, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
- That was fast. I agree with it; Meta Knight and Snake are definitely top tier.--Richard 21:46, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
- CF has low priority on, like, everything. -capefeather (talk) 03:35, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Remember that 50% is tournament listings and the other 50% is Matchups...R.O.B and DDD have good matchups but what surprises me is Meta Knight. They say he has an advantage over Marth. WRONG! Marth overmatches Meta knight in range(a big part of his advantage) and aerial game( Fair and Uair anyone?) Plus Meta knight players say his dair is incredible but Marth's is a much better and reliable killer. - Hatake91 (talk) 21:54, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
i dunno i think snake sould be in top tier cuz hes 3rd heavyest in the game and his attacks are fast and powerful184.108.40.206 04:17, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
How the hell is it even possible to come up with a tier list in Brawl when the game hasn't even been out for a year? Or if the physics of the game hasn't been exploited? Well whatever, I happen to be one of those who doesn't give a damn about "tiers". I mean come on, Sonic a low tier? He's like of the cheapest characters in Brawl. Brawl Tier list are fail. Magiciandude (talk) 00:46, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- "Or if the physics of the game hasn't been exploited?" You seriously believe this? Also, Melee's list wasn't that late in its onset, either, and your not caring about tiers takes away your right to criticize them. -capefeather (talk) 03:35, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
This list is a little weird. The only reason snake and meta knight are in those positions is because they are very easy to use, and they are the characters that are seen way more than others in tournaments. Snake has no business in top tier because he is too slow. Wolf is way better than that. He can take advantage of projectile spammers. He is also capable of destrying many character's ground game with his reflector. Wolf is in general very fast. Jigglypuff isn't that bad. Jigglypuff can wall of pain opponents with few troubles. Jigglypuff can also combo most characters very well with its attacks. It is also nearly impossible to chain throw.Y462 (talk) 01:17, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- "and they are the characters that are seen way more than others in tournaments." - reread tier list please. --Sky (t · c · w) 01:19, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- Even if there are a ton of Snakes, the fact that Snake dominated tournament finals so well suggests that he's way higher than 19th.
- It was a non-argument to counter a non-argument. DDD's #3 only because of chain grabs? Not only does it work on many characters, but many characters also have chain grabs, so that can't be the only reason. I also gave two reasons more than you did. Now it's three, and with the disjointed hitbox, it's four.
- Sorry, lol. But ROB is very good in tournaments. It just seemed like you were going by personal experience, you know? And theory isn't everything.
- Nothing I have to say about Wario, lol.
- The main reason for Lucario's placement (AFAIK) is Azen. He brought out a lot of what's good in Lucario. And the damage thing is GOOD because low-% kills rarely happen.
- No, it means nothing (yet). He is dominating tournament finals because (a) he's arguably the most played character (b) the game is young [i.e. metagames are not developed] and (c) some of the best players play Snake. Player skill>tier placement.
- Well, if there are other reasons DDD belongs up top aside from his large number and widely applicable chain grabs, please, tell me. I'm dying to know.
- It does seem like I'm going from personal experience, largely because I am. But, then again, aren't tiers decided by personal experience? Tiers are empirically decided. Without hard evidence, facts, or statistics (there are some of these, but they are entirely relative) the only way to decide things of this sort is through empirical verification. The fact that I have decided these things in this manner in no way disqualifies my opinions.
- You can't make a tier judgment based on a single player. He may have developed the metagame, but if he's the only one who can employ it, that's largely a player skill thing, and not a tier thing. And maybe I misunderstood you, but are you suggesting that Lucario is better because he rarely kills people at low damage percentages? I can't imagine that's what you mean, but that's what it sounds like.
- I don't think you can place a character based on his matchups with (at this point) merely postulated tiers. His placement is silly. Semicolon (talk) 17:50, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
No, no, no, NO!!!
For one, Jiggly is among some strong characters, a small target, low crouch, is good at comboing, hard to combo, rest has flower affect AND high knockback, can make opponents fall asleep, and has the 2nd fastest air speed and slowest falling speed in the game, making her the best at recoveries in the game. Ness has strong aerials, PK Fire can edgeguard well, he can absorb projectiles, PK Flash is powerful, he is a small target, has a [relatively] low crouch, and has a meteor smash. Sonic has the fastest running speed in the game, a great comboer, up and b is really high, can use all his moves in recovery, and he is a [relatively] small target. There you have it. They should be higher. ParaGoomba348 (C'mon, just talk to me) 16:12, 3 September 2008 (UTC)