This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
23:12, 21 June 2008 (UTC)23:12, 21 June 2008 (UTC)~~
WHAT ARE YOUR PREDICTOINS??? THESE ARE MINE: Super Smash Bros DS
My Predictions of a Predicted Game
NOTE: This is how I think they will make the game. I don’t necessarily want it to be that/this way, even if I think it looks pretty beast.
Touch Wherever To Go There
Up - Jump (tap twice for double jump) Down - Crouch Left - Go Left (tap twice to dash) Right - Go Right (tap twice to dash)
A Button Actions
A-Pick Up Item (only when your next to one) A-weak attack Up + A- strong up attack Down + A- strong down attack Forward + A- strong side attack A + Up (Smash)-smash up A + Down (Smash)- down smash A + Forward (Smash)-side smash
B Button Actions
B-special move B + Forward-B Forward special attack B + Up- B Up special attacks/air recovery B + Down- B Up Down special attack
X Button Actions
X-Jump X+X-Double jump
Y Button Actions
Y-Light Shield Y+Y-Hard Shield (tap twice then hold) Y-Final Smash (only for when you have a final smash) Y-Pick Up Item (only when your next to one)
R Button Actions
R-Grab R then A-Grab then attack R + Up- Toss Up R + Down- throw down R + Forward- throw forward R + Back- throw back
L Button Actions
L - Light Shield (Hold Lightly) L - Hard Shield (Hold Down Completely) L + Direction - Air Dodge (Only Works In Mid-Air)
Select Button Actions
Select - Taunt
2. Donkey Kong
6. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
10. Captain Falcon
15. King DeDeDe
19. Ice Climbers
20. Diddy Kong
21. Toon Link
22. Erika (Fire Emblem) (Final Smash: Prince Ephraim Comes Out And Helps)
23. Andy (Advance Wars) (Final Smash: Infantry & Tanks)
25. Plusle & Minun
26. Pokemon Trainer 2 (Chikorita, Croconaw, Typhlosion)
28. Toon Zelda/Tetra
29. Dixie Kong
34. Mr. Game & Watch
37. Dr. Mario
39. Jill (Final Smash: Brings Out The Drill Dozer And Gets A Level 3 Drill)
40. KK Rider
41. Ridley (Final Smash: Meta Ridley)
42. Samurai Goroh
45. Baby Bowser (Final Smash: Summons Kamek)
46. Paper Mario
47. Balloon Fighter
49. Volvoice (Electroplankton)
50. Mach Rider
PLEASE NOTE: I Feel That Only About 30-40 Of These Characters Will Actually Make It.
1. Mario Galaxy Planet - Mario
2. Place From Phantom Hourglass - Zelda
3. Fountain Of Dreams - Kirby
4. Place From Barrel Blast - DK
5. Pokemon Stadium 3 - Pokemon
7. Aquas - Starfox
8. Yoshi’s Island - Yoshi
9. Brinstar - Metroid
10. Onett - Earthbound
11. Warioware inc. - Wario
13. Castle Siege - Fire Emblem
14. Smashville 2: Wild World - Animal Crossing
15. Pictochat (Interactive)- DS
18. Forest Of Hope - Pikmin
19. Hanenbow - Electroplankton
20. Final Destination
22. Red Canyon - F-Zero
23. Bridge Of Eldin - Zelda
24. Delfino Plaza - Mario
25. Norfair - Metroid
26. Dream Land - Kirby
27. Pokemon Stadium 2 (Hidden)
28. Green Hill Zone (Hidden)
29. Emerald Hill Zone - Sonic
30. Flat Zone 3 - Mr. Game & Watch
31. Red Dozers Hideout - Drill Dozer
32. New Fire Emblem Stage
33. Indigo Plateau - Pokemon
34. The Thousand Year Door - Paper Mario
2. ??? (2 on 2)
3. ??? (Team Of 10 etc.)
4. Break the Targets!
7. ??? (Team Of 10 etc.)
8. Race To The Finish!
9. ??? (Metal)
10. Master Hand and/or Crazy Hand
1. Follows The Same System As Brawl
2. Level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!
3. That’s It...
Multi Man Mayhem (Or Something Cool Like That)
1. 10 Man Mayhem
2. 3 Minute Mayhem
3. 100 Man Mayhem
4. 15 Minute Mayhem
5. Endless Mayhem
6. Cruel Mayhem
Home Run Contest
1. 10 Seconds To Beat Up The Sandbag
2. Shield Around The Platform
3. Use The Stylus To Hit The Sandbag
Race To The Finish!
1. Finish, Jeez...
Boss Battles (Unlockable)
1. Beat Them All!
Board The Platforms (Unlockable)
1. Personalized Levels
1. Follows The Same System As Brawl
1. 50 Events
2. 30 Co-Op Events
3. Follows The Same System As Brawl
1. Up To 4 Player Action!
1. Follows The Same System As Brawl
1. Follows The Same System As Brawl With Some New Features.
Trophies & Stickers
1. You Get Them...
1. Works The Same Way A Brawl
2. Some New Things Maybe (Like A Big Missle Worth 2 Points Or Something)
3. You Use The Stylus To Aim
- You expect the DS to have MORE characters than wii?? You're nuts. - Gargomon251 (talk) 06:31, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
Here's what I think
First, these sections need to be separated. Anyway, for a DS game, I'd assume only the original 12. More would be nice but not likely. Controls: Same as GCN Controller except:
- D pad for movement
- Taunt is Select
- Shield is L. DS does NOT have analog buttons.
- Grab is R or Y
- Smashes are same as Wii Remote
- Touch screen shows %s and performs Final Smashes (tap once) or "targeted" moves such as PK Thunder. (if desired; dpad can also be used depending on settings. Touch setup puts % on top screen).
Actually, if it's 100% sprite-based (better than blocky polygons), I could see about 25 characters. Still, this is a handheld. I don't expect too much. And smash shouldn't rely too much on gimmicks like "waggle" and touch screen. Keeping it simple. - Gargomon251 (talk) 06:34, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- 30-40 characters in a DS fighting game? Even Bleach didn't come that close, and it had mostly static backgrounds and several characters with limited sprites, like Bonnie. If it's 3D polygons, forget it! - Gargomon251 (talk) 08:40, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
No Louie. He'd just be another Olimar. There's no point. I'd prefer Ephraim to Eirika just because it'd be a break from all the swords (Hector too, you know he'd be awesome). KK would be a better Assist Trophy, and Infantry and Tanks are just fine where they are. Jeff from EarthBound would be good, and Isaac. Admiral Tobias (talk) 19:33, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- 1 Have you ever played it? 2. it's the only good fighting game on the DS really. - Gargomon251 (talk) 00:08, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah but I could SEE Louie in there since the whole pikmin DS rumors is starting to grab some attention, I never said I would WANT him in there.
- I don't even know HOW that would work.... but Break The Targets would kick ass with a map- Gargomon251 (talk) 00:08, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
1.It would be named Pokémon Colosseum
2.Why aren't there any unlockable Pokémon?
Top screen and buttons used for the action.Damage percents are displayed on the touch screen.When a Smash Ball is obtained, a picture of the ball appears on the touch screen.When touched,the Final Smash is activated. All FSes are controlled by the touch screen,as the action suddenly moves there. Ex:moving sonic around with stylus,drawing the line of Light Arrow, etc.SonicROBTrainer (talk) 23:12, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
- That sounds reasonable. But what about moves like Peach Blossom or Puff Up?- Gargomon251 (talk) 00:08, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
usually i would completely blow off a theory of using the touch screen in battle but those are incredible ideas! but what about giga bowser, and beast ganon? they really dont need controlling like that... Kperfekt722 (talk) 23:27, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
- I don't know, it seems unfair to NOT use the touch screen for those...maybe you could be able to deal more damage or stun opponents by drawing certain things during these FSes. - Gargomon251 (talk) 00:08, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
Well,for Peach Blossom, how about a dance minigame like Elite Beat Agents?As for Puff Up, I`m guessing one would have to rapidly tap Jigglypuff in order to inflate her.I`ve also been thinking of that drawing idea.Suppose,for Iceberg,you had to draw a near-perfect iceberg outline within a short time frame, a-la WarioWare?SonicROBTrainer (talk) 03:05, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
In answer to gargomons question no, I haven't played it but I hate the anime, and I read a bad review for it. Plus I can name at least 15 DS games that are great on the DS. And I would not like having to use the stylus/touch screen for every final smash. Your idea for peach wasn't that great, but I suppose jiggly's and ice climbers would be ok like that. But it would pose an extremely unfair disadvantage against someone who is bad with the stylus, and could you imagine having to do Zero Suit Samus's????? (despite her not being on my list i think) it would suck! I must admit DeDeDe's would be neat. and Meta Knights Sword Slash across the touch screen at the finish. but still. kirby's, bowsers, ganondorfs, luigis (drawing a circle. whoop-de-damn-do lol), ALL OF THE STARFOX CREW, among many others havent been answered and thus does not convince me it would be a good/great idea. Kperfekt722 (talk) 04:49, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
- I said FIGHTING game. And one bad review does not make a bad game. As for final smashes:
- Luigi: It would be more like performing the dance steps than drawing a circle...
- Landmasters: maybe touch to shoot? Or hold a spot and the landmaster will drive to it? Heck, you could draw a spiral to roll, draw jet flames to fly, and change directions by drawing a u-turn symbol. Or something.
- Power Suit Samus: Trace the symbols from the Zero Mission sequence to boost attack range and power?
- Beast Ganon: maybe you could have more control? Given a VERY short time limit, maybe you could make a single quick stroke the beast would follow, to an extent. Or blow into the mic to stun opponents lol, I'm sure something could be worked out.
- Cook Kirby: drag and drop opponents and items into the pot!
- Yoshi: drag to move, tap to fire.
- Or they could make it so you DON'T need touch screen, but you have the option if you wish, maybe giving it a little boost or something, like the turbo system in Mario Kart Wii does for advanced versus novice players. -Gargomon251 (talk) 06:19, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
i concur. i tottaly agree with the fact that you have the option to turn it off. i like your incorporating the mic in2 ganondorfs (NOT THAT I WOULD WANT THIS BUT I THINK USING THE GALE BOOMERANG WITH THE MIC WOULD BE BEAST! lol) but your ideas for luigi's and to a lesser extent, yoshi's are epic fails (yoshi's because you would have to stop moving to spit fireballs). the rest are good though, i actually especially liked your zero suit samus idea lol. Kperfekt722 (talk) 19:12, 22 June 2008 (UTC)