This list contains all of the Food (たべもの tabemono?) items that heal and spawn normally as items and from containers. This list does not include Apples from Green Greens, Maxim Tomatoes, peanuts from Peanut Popgun and Rocketbarrel Barrage, Eggs from Chansey, Birdo's eggs, and the vegetables from the Summit. The food most likely is an original item, but it does resemble the food found in Kirby Super Star and other Kirby installments, which was a very abundant, yet low in power, source of health. It also resembles food from Kid Icarus: Uprising. It is interesting to note, that because the two game series were under the same developer, all food items in Super Smash Bros. Melee were also in the game Kirby Air Ride.
The latest incarnation of Smash Bros adds an odd technique called Eating While Reclining. If a character lands hard by some food, the player can press A to grab and eat the food without needing to get up first.
List of Food
|Cheese||Yellow-orange wedge shape|
|Grapes||Purple triangular cluster|
|Beef Bowl||White bowl, brown filled, with bits of red(pickled ginger)|
|Watermelon||Light/dark green striped circle|
|Ice Cream||Beige cone with vanilla ice cream (SSBM) and strawberry ice cream (SSBB)|
|Pizza||Brown/yellow/orange ellipse shape|
|Melon||Green circle w/ stem that forks in 2 directions|
|Donut||Topped with chocolate and yellow underside|
|Bananas||Bunch of yellow bananas (3)|
|Fried Rice||White/brown dish, white/green/yellow rice|
|Sushi Platter||Tray w/ large green leaf & various sushi|
|Onigiri||White triangle(rice) w/ black square(seaweed)|
|Rice Tray||Square container of rice, drink(tea), condiments, and chopsticks|
|Hamburger||Sesame seed bun w/ cheese, lettuce, tomato, and meat|
|Turkey||Whole turkey on plate w/ greens|
|Curry Rice||White plate, w/ brown sauce, cubed meat/potatoes|
|Cup of Tea||White cup/saucer, tea|
|Milk||Blue/white milk carton|
|Spaghetti||White bowl, pasta, tomato sauce|
|Omelette||White plate, beige roll, red sauce (ketchup), and greens|
|Strawberry||Red triangle with green steam/leaves|
|Mushroom||Dark brown cap with light stem|
|Juice||Wine glass with yellow liquid|
|Ramen||White/red bowl with yellow (noodles), green (vegetables, and white/red discs (naruto)|
|Apple||Red circle with stem|
|Unagi Rice/Chocolate||Rectangular pan with brown filling|
|Peanut||A peeled peanut|
|Doughnut||A ring shaped donut with chocolate icing on top|
These food items will restore your health when you eat them. There are 28 different types of food, and the nutritional value and yumminess quotient differs slightly with each type. Party Balls tend to hold the largest amount of food items. You may be vulnerable when gorging yourself, but you do need to eat to survive.
Treats that decrease your damage. The nutritional value of each food, and how much damage it heals, is carefully measured. What's better for you, sushi or a donut? Party Balls contain a lot of food, so if you eat it all yourself, you can really lower your damage. There may be times when you laugh and walk away from food, and times when you watch someone else eating and cry.
Pick up food and eat it to restore health. There are 28 kinds of food in all, including bread, which heals 10 damage, roast chicken, which heals 15, and so on. The fancier the food, the more damage it will heal. Keep an eye out for Party Balls--they may drop a whole buffet for you to nom!
Even more food types appear.
- On the Summit stage, bonus vegetable items that appeared in the original Ice Climber game act as Food.
- Snake is the only character who makes unique sounds whenever he heals with a food item (Maxim Tomato included), or even while eating the non-healing but still edible Superspicy Curry. These range from generic eating noises to commentary such as "Mm, Tasty!". This is what Snake would do in Metal Gear Solid.
- All food listed above is rendered as a 2-dimensional picture. The render always faces the camera.
- The single piece of food with the highest healing amount in Brawl is the chicken drumstick, which heals 12%. On the other end of the scale, the strawberry heals just 1%; the rest of the foods heal differing numbers each restart of the game.
- Peaches are not a normal food. They only appear during Peach's Final Smash. However, they are still 2D sprites.
- In Kid Icarus: Uprising, Pit can consume food to boost his health. This, like many other new features in the game, could be a reference to Brawl.