For other uses, see Artificial Intelligence.
Figure Player (フィギュア プレーヤー, Figure Player), abbreiviated as FP and referred to as amiibo, are types of fighters that can be used in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U as customizable A.I characters.
As the amiibo levels up, it'll "learn" techniques. For example, if an amiibo fights against an opponent who uses long-ranged, camping attacks, then the amiibo will learn it. Figure Players will continue to learn various techniques even after they reach a maximum level of 50. amiibo stats will be changed by "feeding" them epuipment, as well as being able to change it's Custom Moves.
In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, all Figure Players (except for DLC fighters) have their own unique sets of Custom Moves to choose from, identical to regular Character Customisation.
Improved Stats / A.I Flaws / Prizes
In Addition, an amiibo can gain improved fighting stats, such as improved Attack power, Defense, Knockback, and reaction times, the higher level it is.
However, even higher leveled amiibo have their flaws on complex stages, like walking back and forth on stages like Gaur Plain.
How the amiibo learns
amiibo level up and learn faster by:
- Having it play on someonelse's Nintendo 3DS and/or Wii U.
- Losing in stock battles.
- Making it fight against different fighters as both games clearly state.
- Using the same fighter as the amiibo you're playing against.
- Fighting against other amiibo
While Super Smash Bros. for Wii U natively supports amiibo, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS was unable to do so at launch. Version 1.0.5, released on February 9, 2015, added amiibo support for all Nintendo 3DS systems. The New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL and New Nintendo 2DS XL has native support for Amiibos through the bottom touch screen.
- amiibo in the European version of Super Smash Bros. are known as FIG.
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was the first Wii U game to utilize the amiibo functionality, while ironically Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS was also the first 3DS game to use the feature (via update).