- This article is about Falco's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Falco Lombardi.
|“||He's a talented aerial fighter with amazing jumping ability, but Falco is a bit slower on the ground. His Final Smash is an all-out attack using an unorthodox formation of Arwings!||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
When unlocked, he is fought at Corneria.
- 1 Attributes
- 2 Summary
- 3 Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- 4 Moveset
- 5 In competitive play
- 6 Classic Mode: Soar Above the Darkness
- 7 Role in World of Light
- 8 Palette Swaps
- 9 Gallery
- 10 External links
- Very high jumps and double jumps.
- Can wall jump.
- Very fast attacks overall.
- Excellent combo ability.
- High falling speed. This helps Falco due to his proficiency in the air.
- Many attacks have multi-hit properties, increasing his combo potential, as most of these can be ground cancelled, allowing Falco to string attacks together without knocking the opponent away with the final hit.
- Many of his attacks can auto-cancel in short hops.
- Great horizontal and vertical recoveries, with Falco Phantasm and Fire Bird, respectively. Falco Phantasm can be used twice in the air, greatly increasing his horizontal recovery.
- Has a projectile, Blaster, which inflicts considerable hit-stun, having a great poke potential.
- Falco Phantasm can be used to quickly get in and out of combat and it can Meteor Smash airborne opponents.
- Reflector has good range when kicked and has very low startup lag, being very useful as a surprise attack and it can also trip opponents.
- Forward Aerial ("landing" hitbox), Down Aerial (when sweetspotted) and Falco Phantasm (if hits enemies in the air) can Meteor Smash if they connect at the right moment.
- Light weight makes him easy to launch.
- Considerably slow running speed, which hinders direct approaches.
- Many of his best attacks have sweetspots close to his body, which forces Falco to get closer to his opponents when finishing them off.
- Predictable recovery.
- Falco Phantasm has no hitbox in Falco himself; rather in the after-image after him.
- Fire Bird is quite slow and easy to intercept as a recovery and it has very low priority, not being reliable enough to be used offensively.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Falco's design has been updated to match his appearance in Star Fox Zero.
- Falco's jab finisher has been changed from an outwards wing swipe to an axe kick.
Grabs and Throws
- Falco's Blaster's firing rate is faster and is identical when used on the ground and in midair.
- Falco's new Final Smash has been changed to be an Arwing attack, described as being wilder than Fox's.
- Neutral Attack: Falco swipes forth with one arm, then the other, and then enters a wild spinning maneuver in which he rapidly swings his arms; the infinite jab then finishes with an axe kick.
- Forward Tilt: Falco performs a side kick; can be angled up and down.
- Up Tilt: Falco swipes overhead with both arms.
- Down Tilt (Tail Cutter): Falco sweeps his tail feathers across the ground.
- Dash Attack: Falco leaps forwards and throws a kick.
- Forward Smash: Falco lunges forth while swinging both arms in a downwards arc in front of himself.
- Up Smash: Falco does a backflip, kicking overhead with both legs, hitting twice.
- Down Smash: Falco does a splits kick, hitting to each side.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial (Spinning Falco Chop): Falco spins around with his arms outstretched.
- Forward aerial: Falco spins around, hitting with his whole body, and then finished with an outward sweep of his arms.
- Back aerial: Falco kicks backwards with one leg.
- Up aerial: Falco does a backflip, kicking overhead.
- Down aerial (Corkscrew Meteor): Falco does a drill stomp downwards.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Falco throws a knee into the grabbed opponent.
- Forward Throw: Falco punches the opponent away.
- Back Throw: Falco hurls the opponent back and then fires a laser at them.
- Up Throw: Falco hurls the opponent skywards and then fires a laser up at them.
- Down Throw: Falco tosses the opponent to the floor and fires a laser into them.
|Falco's Special Moves|
|Side Special||Falco Phantasm|
|Up Special||Fire Bird|
|Final Smash||—||Landmaster||Team Star Fox|
- Up Taunt: Kicks his reflector around and says, “Piece of cake!” While catching his reflector after.
- Down Taunt: Spins in a circle and says, “Hands off my prey!” While swinging his hand.
- Side Taunt: Pulls his hand out and says, “Come on!”
In competitive play
To be added
Classic Mode: Soar Above the Darkness
All of Falco's battles are against "dark" forms of main characters. Completing Falco’s Classic Mode route will give the player the chance to unlock Daisy.
|1||Dark Samus||Frigate Orpheon||Multiplayer - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes|
|2||Dark Pit||Reset Bomb Forest||Dark Pit's Theme|
|3||Dark Link and Dark Toon Link||Bridge of Eldin||Dark World (for 3DS / Wii U)|
|4||Grey Lucas||New Pork City||Porky's Theme||References the Masked Man from Mother 3.|
|5||Red Captain Falcon||Port Town Aero Dive||Devil's Call in Your Heart||References Blood Falcon.|
|6||Giant Mr. Game & Watch||Find Mii||Flat Zone|
|Final||Crazy Hand||Final Destination||Crazy Hand||On Intensity 7.0 and higher, Master Hand teams up with Crazy Hand and Master Hand/Crazy Hand plays instead.|
Role in World of Light
Falco was among the fighters summoned to the cliffside to fight an army of Master Hands.
During the opening cutscene, Falco was present when Galeem unleashed his beams of light. Falco attempted to flee the scene immediately, as he was already seated in his Arwing; however, Galeem destroyed his aircraft and vaporized him, placing him under Galeem's imprisonment along with the rest of the fighters, excluding Kirby.
Falco is unlocked in the space area of the World of Light on the planet resembling Titania, a callback to the Star Fox games where Fox recruits a teammate on said planet if they were shot down in certain levels. The player must have Slippy Toad or ROB 64 spirit to ride the Great Fox to navigate this sector. Then, the player must defeat the Starship Mario and the Aparoid spirits to access his unlock stage.