Duck Hunt is an unlockable stage in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U and a starter stage in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. It's based upon the classic NES game, Duck Hunt. The stage is unlockable in the Wii U version. The 3DS version got the stage after the patch in September 30th for free, making it the second free DLC stage. In for Wii U and Ultimate, Duck Hunt is fought here for their unlocking battle.
How to Unlock
Characters fight on a background similar to the one from Duck Hunt, with the box points from the original game shown at the bottom. The characters can knock out the ducks in the background, after which they will be caught by the 8-bit version of the Duck Hunt Dog that can be used as a platform, if they aren't caught, the dog will laugh at the player arising from the middle of the stage. Characters can hide in the grass of the stage. The trees can also be used as platforms.
Despite its initial appearance, the stage does not have walk-off edges, there are grey, featureless areas where the characters can fall off.
Despite not being flat, and having nothing to do with Game And Watch, characters on this stage are flat.
Neither ducks nor the dog will appear:
- during 8-Player Smash in for Wii U
- during Duck Hunt’s unlocking battle in for Wii U
- during All-Star Mode in Smash 4
- when hazards are turned off in Ultimate
Songs in My Music
- Duck Hunt Medley
- Balloon Trip
- The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley
- Clu Clu Land
- Famicom Medley
- Title Theme (NES Remix 2)
- Swan Lesson
- Even if Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is updated to 1.1.1 or higher, Duck Hunt will still be fought on Battlefield for their unlocking battle instead of here, despite this stage being added in the 1.1.1 update.
- Duck Hunt is one of three stages that has been a starter stage, an unlockable stage, and a downloadable stage, as it was each in Ultimate, for Wii U, and for 3DS respectively; the other two are Dream Land 64 and Pirate Ship.
- In Ultimate, the following Assist Trophies cannot be summoned on this stage: the Moon, Nightmare, Andross, Jeff, Dr. Wright, and the Squid Sisters. Also, the following Poké Ball Pokémon cannot be summoned: Abra, Snorlax, Lugia, Xerneas, and Lunala.