- This article is about Dr. Mario's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Dr. Mario.
|“||He has more attack and launch power than Mario, but his jump and recovery is not as good. Pro tip: You can repeatedly press the B button when using his down special, Dr. Tornado, to float a bit!||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
Dr. Mario is a veteran fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, first playable in Super Smash Bros. Melee. He was confirmed at E3 2018. Dr. Mario remains relatively unchanged, with the exception of a few moveset tweaks.
When unlocked, he is fought at New Donk City Hall.
- 1 Attributes
- 2 Summary
- 3 Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- 4 Moveset
- 5 In competitive play
- 6 Classic Mode: Colorful Treatment Plan
- 7 Role in World of Light
- 8 Palette Swaps
- 9 Gallery
- 10 External links
- Balanced on many attributes. with a strong moveset.
- Average weight matching with Mario's.
- Good variety of combos.
- Neutral Aerial is reliable sex kick that is great for starting combos and breaking off enemies combos.
- Super Sheet reflects projectiles and flips foes, which can disrupts enemy combos and frustrate recoveries.
- Dr. Tornado racks up easy damage and KO at high percentages.
- Capable of wall jumping.
- Special Moves are good for edgeguarding.
- Has problems with approaches, as he relies mainly on Megavitamins, which are not spamable.
- Slow speed for a character of his size.
- Has much less combo options than Mario.
- Struggles against characters that can outrange him.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Dr. Mario now has a new down air.
Grabs and Throws
- Dr. Mario has a new back throw
- Super Sheet has a new animation.
- Neutral Attack: Dr. Mario punches forth once, then with the other fist, and then throws a kick.
- Forward Tilt: Dr. Mario does a side kick.
- Up Tilt: Dr. Mario performs an uppercut, hitting in front of and above himself.
- Down Tilt: Dr. Mario kicks across the ground.
- Dash Attack: Dr. Mario does a baseball slide across the ground, his feet extended for a kick.
- Forward Smash: Dr. Mario thrusts one hand forwards, electricity surging in his palm.
- Up Smash (Ear, Nose, and Throat): Dr. Mario headbutts overhead.
- Down Smash: Dr. Mario does a breakdance kick.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial (Dr. Kick): Dr. Mario performs a sex kick.
- Forward aerial (Dr. Punch): Dr. Mario raises a fist and brings it down in front of himself.
- Back aerial: Dr. Mario kicks backwards with both legs.
- Up aerial: Dr. Mario does a backflip, kicking overhead.
- Down aerial (Bone Drill): Dr. Mario stomps downwards with both feet.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Dr. Mario headbutts the grabbed opponent.
- Forward Throw: Dr. Mario spins once and hurls the opponent away.
- Back Throw: Dr. Mario raises the opponent above him before tossing them backwards
- Up Throw: Dr. Mario tosses the opponent upwards.
- Down Throw (Hospital Bed): Dr. Mario slams the opponent into the ground.
|Dr. Mario's Special Moves|
|Side Special||Super Sheet|
|Up Special||Super Jump Punch|
|Down Special||Dr. Tornado|
|Final Smash||—||Doctor Finale|
- Up Taunt:
- Down Taunt:
- Side Taunt:
In competitive play
To be added
Classic Mode: Colorful Treatment Plan
Dr. Mario's opponents are all trios of the same character in red, blue, and yellow costumes, referencing the three viruses: Fever, Chill, and Weird.
|1||Mr. Game & Watch Team||Flat Zone X||Chill (for 3DS / Wii U)|
|2||Kirby Team||Green Greens||Fever|
|3||Yoshi Team||Yoshi's Island||Chill (Brawl)|
|4||Wii Fit Trainer Team||Wii Fit Studio||Fever|
|5||R.O.B. Team||Battlefield||Chill (for 3DS / Wii U)|
|6||Wario Team||Luigi's Mansion||Tetris: Type A|
|Final||Master Hand||Final Destination||Master Hand||On Intensity 7.0 and higher, Crazy Hand fights alongside Master Hand, and the track Master Hand / Crazy Hand plays during the battle.|
Role in World of Light
Although Dr. Mario does not appear in the World of Light opening cutscene, he was vaporized and later imprisoned alongside the rest of the fighters (sans Kirby) when Galeem unleashed his beams of light. Dr. Mario has his own awakening battle separate from that of Mario, who appears in the opening cutscene.
Dr. Mario can be awakened in a cloud that is found on a pathway connected by a ribbon that also leads to a city-like area.