- For the term used to define matches where both players choose the same character, see Ditto match.
|This Super Smash Bros. related article or section is a stub. You can help Smashpedia by expanding it.|
Ditto (メタモン, Metamon in Japan), is a fictional creature in the Pokémon media franchise.
As a removed Poké Ball Pokémon
Ditto is a Pokémon that was removed from Super Smash Bros. Melee just prior to its release. Its supposed purpose was to transform into AI copy of the user's character, which would aid them in battle. However, processing problems forced its removal.
It can be accessed using special software such as Action Replay, but its Transform ability is not present. Instead, it simply says "Meta!" then disappears. It also deals around 7-8% damage to whoever touches it.
As a Tournament Mode element
In Tournament Mode, in either Winner Out or Loser Out style tournaments, when selecting a character for these events, simply hold down L+R and then press A. The character will appear as Ditto, and will be a random character and color when each match begins.
As a trophy
Ditto features as a collectible trophy, unlocked as one of the 290 trophies that can be collected randomly during normal play, such as in the Trophy Lottery and throughout the various Single-player Regular Matches. It reads as follows:
- Every Ditto has the ability to copy a Pokémon's entire cell structure in an instant and become its exact replica. They're terrible at remembering techniques, but when they use Transform, they temporarily learn all of their foe's moves. If a Ditto starts to laugh, it weakens and can't hold its transformation.
- Pokémon Red & Blue, 09/98
Ditto was finally implemented in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. As was planned in Melee, it will transform into a copy of the user's character and aid them in battle.
- In the official Super Smash Bros. Melee strategy guide, Ditto is still listed as being able to appear from a Poké Ball, suggesting the guide was made while the game was still in development, or the developers forgot to edit it out.
- Ditto is the only Pokémon that can be KO'd and can be trapped in any trapping final smashes in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
| group5 = Ultimate | group5style = background:#000000 | list5 = Abomasnow · Abra · Alolan Exeggutor · Arceus · Bellossom · Bewear · Chespin · Darkrai · Dedenne · Deoxys · Ditto · Eevee · Electrode · Entei · Fennekin · Fletchling · Gardevoir · Genesect · Giratina · Gogoat · Goldeen · Inkay · Keldeo · Kyogre · Kyurem · Latias and Latios · Lugia · Lunala · Marshadow · Meloetta · Meowth · Metagross · Mew · Mimikyu · Moltres · Oshawott · Palkia · Pyukumuku · Raichu · Scizor · Snivy · Snorlax · Solgaleo · Spewpa · Staryu · Suicune · Swirlix · Tapu Koko · Togedemaru · Togepi · Victini · Vulpix · Xerneas · Zoroark}}