Distant Planet is a stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It is based off The Forest of Hope and The Awakening Wood from Pikmin and Pikmin 2 respectively. Technically, all the fighters will be only a few inches tall when they are fighting on this stage.
As you play, you’ll see numbered Pellets fall from the Pellet Posies around the stage. Grab one of these and throw it into a nearby Onion (Pikmin ship) to get items. Onions will land in various locations and can be attacked to make them flee. This may be a good tactic if you wish to withhold items from your enemies.
Also, this planet experiences frequent torrential downpours. When things get wet, you’ll want to stay away from the hill on the left, as it gets pretty treacherous, dragging you with its current if stood in. The edge of the hill can still be grabbed during the rain effect. Bulborbs roam around the area; landing in their mouths will cause them to swallow you. If this happens, the Bulborb will drag you off the stage and this counts as a Self-Destruct (unless a foe forced you into his mouth). While landing in the mouth will result in being eaten, players can grab the ledge of the Bulborb's mouth like any other ledge and walljump against the vertical part of his mouth. Sometimes the Bulborb will cry out or yawn. This seems like it has no effect on the battle, and it doesn't really, but if you try to, you can get in its mouth, resulting in a KO. Occasionally the Bulborb will leave the area but later returns. Furthermore, standing on top of the Bulborb for too long will also count as a Self-Destruct towards you as you are automatically eaten in a set amount of time.
Songs in My Music
- Main Theme (Pikmin)
- World Map (Pikmin 2)
- Stage Clear / Title (Pikmin)
- Forest of Hope
- Ai no Uta
- Ai no Uta (French Version)
- Tane no Uta
- Environmental Noises
- Title (Big Brain Academy)
Bolded songs must be unlocked
- The large soda can lying in the background of the stage has the Smash Bros. symbol on it.
- The blurred background and rain effects make Distant Planet fairly conducive to lag when playing online.
- The rain that occurs is 2-D. If one pauses when it's raining on the stage, and moves the camera all the way left(angle), then they can see the rain is paper thin.
- The Bulborb won't close it's mouth on you if you have a starman, but it can still take you off screen.
- When you stand on top of the bulborb and it leaves it will still eat you... and walk away after it ate you.
- If you pause and turn the camera all the way to the right, the Bulborb will still be there (but it is out-of-bounds).
- If you throw the corresponding color token into the Onion (red for red, blue for blue, etc.), the Onion will drop two items.