- This article is about Dark Samus' appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Dark Samus.
|“||Dark Samus joins the battle as Samus's echo fighter. With floatier movement, it's a little different from Samus--and it doesn't roll when dodging or jumping. If you look closely, you can see that its bombs and missiles look a little different, too.||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
- 1 How to Unlock
- 2 Attributes
- 3 Summary
- 4 Moveset
- 5 In competitive play
- 6 Classic Mode: The Great Poison Given Form
- 7 Role in World of Light
- 8 In Spirit Battles
- 9 Palette Swaps
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Gallery
- 12 Videos
- 13 External links
How to Unlock
- Play VS matches, with Dark Samus being the 50th fighter unlocked.
- Clear Classic Mode with Samus or any character in her unlock tree, with Dark Samus being unlocked after Incineroar.
- Have Dark Samus join the party in World of Light.
In the first two methods, Dark Samus must be fought and defeated on Frigate Orpheon.
- Heavy weight grants high survivability.
- Capable of wall jumping.
- Possesses a tether recovery.
- Has the longest grab range in the game.
- Floatiness allows her to escape combos.
- Fast pummel.
- Down aerial can meteor smash.
- Multiple projectiles allow her to effectively zone out opponents.
- Charge Shot is a powerful ranged kill move.
- Missiles can assist in combos and are an effective zoning tool.
- Bombs allow Dark Samus to briefly stall in the air, assisting recovery.
- Screw Attack has high priority and good ledge sweet spot range.
- Floatiness makes landing difficult.
- Lacks priority on many moves.
- Considerable lag on many moves.
- Neutral Attack: Low damage, quick punch accompanied by overhead smash. Best used defensively.
- Forward Tilt: Roundhouse kick plus knockback.
- Up Tilt: Crescent Axe Kick, bringing leg up to smash down on opponents. Anti-air, but good combo starter.
- Down Tilt: Quick ground strike with Arm Cannon that launches opponents into the air.
- Dash Attack: Shoulder tackle foe, launching them into the air.
- Forward Smash: Slower attack that results in explosion, area-of-effect knockback. Good for opponents on edge-hanging foes.
- Up Smash: Series of shots skyward juggles foe, then launches them skyward. High damage, with the bulk of it in the last shot.
- Down Smash: Leg sweep, quicker of the smashes.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: Moderate damage, aerial spin kick.
- Forward aerial: Descent coupled with Arm Cannon shots. Good to use as recovery from ledge falls to deter foes and get to a safe spot.
- Back aerial: Back kick with knockback.
- Up aerial: With legs vertically up, spinning air attack that launches foes higher. Quick, and a good way to edge recover and control the aerial landscape.
- Down aerial: Downward sweeping blast with Arm Cannon. Landing meteor smash on foe attempting to ledge recover will likely result in a KO.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Chops the opponent with her free hand.
- Forward Throw: Throw opponent with Plasma Whip forward.
- Back Throw: Throw opponent with Plasma Whip backward.
- Up Throw: Cannon launch into the air.
- Down Throw: Slam that bounces foe.
|Dark Samus' Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Charge Shot|
|Up Special||Screw Attack|
|Final Smash||Phazon Laser|
- Up Taunt: Floats upright while emitting Phazon.
- Side Taunt: Spins in place while emitting Phazon.
- Down Taunt: Crouches and holds her Arm Cannon upright.
- Emerges from a portal of darkness
To be added
- Raises her arm into the air before lowering it in a fist pump.
- Splits into two clones before reforming while holding her her Arm cannon upright.
- Turns around before the camera zooms into her face.
In competitive play
To be added
Classic Mode: The Great Poison Given Form
Dark Samus faces off against protagonist characters while she is teamed up with dark, evil, or corrupted variants of characters from their series, except for the penultimate battle, which is a free-for-all against Samus and Ridley. The pairing choices reference a time where the fighter was possessed or brainwashed into fighting the protagonist. The name is a reference to the title the Chozo gave to the Metroid Prime experiments and, by extension, Dark Samus herself.
Role in World of Light
Dark Samus is absent from the World of Light opening cutscene, though she was vaporized and placed under Galeem's imprisonment alongside the rest of the playable fighters (excluding Kirby) when Galeem unleashed his beams of light.
Dark Samus was one of the many fighters that fell under Dharkon's control upon Galeem's first defeat, and is found in The Final Battle as one of the last fighters under his command. She is one of the few obligatory unlocks, and defeating her leads to a fight with Crazy Hand and the subsequent reveal of Palutena's location.
In Spirit Battles
As the Main Opponent
As a Minion
- Kloster (Grief)
- Dark Samus is the second fighter who was once an Assist Trophy in a previous Super Smash Bros. installment, the first being Little Mac and the third being Isabelle.
- Dark Samus is the only Echo Fighter based on a starter character.
- She is also the only Echo Fighter who is absolutely mandatory to unlock in order to beat World of Light as all the others are optionary.
- Dark Samus is the first fighter to be referred to as "genderless" in Ultimate, being a construct made from Phazon.
|Characters||Samus Aran (64 · Melee · Brawl · 3DS/Wii U · Ultimate)|
Zero Suit Samus (Brawl · 3DS/Wii U · Ultimate)
Dark Samus (Ultimate)
|Side Characters||Bosses||Ridley · Meta Ridley|
|Assist Trophies||Metroid · Dark Samus · Mother Brain|
|Mii Fighter Costume||Samus Aran|
|Background characters||Ridley · Kraid · Parasite Queen|
|Stage Hazards||FG II-Graham · Joulion · Zero · Ridley|
|Enemies||Geemer · Kihunter · Metroid · Reo|
|Stages||Planet Zebes · Brinstar · Brinstar Depths · Norfair · Frigate Orpheon · Pyrosphere|
Brinstar Escape Shaft
|Music||List of Music (Metroid series)|
|Collectibles||Trophies||Melee Trophies · Brawl Trophies · 3DS Trophies · Wii U Trophies|
|Stickers||List of Stickers (Metroid series)|
|Spirits||List of spirits (Metroid series)|
|Masterpieces||Metroid · Super Metroid|