- This article is about Dark Samus' appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Dark Samus.
|“||Dark Samus joins the battle as Samus's echo fighter. With floatier movement, it's a little different from Samus--and it doesn't roll when dodging or jumping. If you look closely, you can see that its bombs and missiles look a little different, too.||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
- 1 How to Unlock
- 2 Attributes
- 3 Summary
- 4 Moveset
- 5 In competitive play
- 6 In Spirit Battles
- 7 Palette Swaps
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Videos
- 11 External links
How to Unlock
- Play VS matches, with Dark Samus being the 50th fighter unlocked.
- Clear Classic Mode with Samus or any character in her unlock tree, with Dark Samus being unlocked after Incineroar.
- Have Dark Samus join the party in World of Light.
In the first two methods, Dark Samus must be fought and defeated on Frigate Orpheon.
- Heavy weight grants high survivability.
- Capable of wall jumping.
- Possesses a tether recovery.
- Has the longest grab range in the game.
- Floatiness allows her to escape combos.
- Fast pummel.
- Down aerial can meteor smash.
- Multiple projectiles allow her to effectively zone out opponents.
- Charge Shot is a powerful ranged kill move.
- Missiles can assist in combos and are an effective zoning tool.
- Bombs allow Dark Samus to briefly stall in the air, assisting recovery.
- Screw Attack has high priority and good ledge sweet spot range.
- Floatiness makes landing difficult.
- Lacks priority on many moves.
- Considerable lag on many moves.
- Neutral Attack: Low damage, quick punch accompanied by overhead smash. Best used defensively.
- Forward Tilt: Roundhouse kick plus knockback.
- Up Tilt: Crescent Axe Kick, bringing leg up to smash down on opponents. Anti-air, but good combo starter.
- Down Tilt: Quick ground strike with Arm Cannon that launches opponents into the air.
- Dash Attack: Shoulder tackle foe, launching them into the air.
- Forward Smash: Slower attack that results in explosion, area-of-effect knockback. Good for opponents on edge-hanging foes.
- Up Smash: Series of shots skyward juggles foe, then launches them skyward. High damage, with the bulk of it in the last shot.
- Down Smash: Leg sweep, quicker of the smashes.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: Moderate damage, aerial spin kick.
- Forward aerial: Descent coupled with Arm Cannon shots. Good to use as recovery from ledge falls to deter foes and get to a safe spot.
- Back aerial: Back kick with knockback.
- Up aerial: With legs vertically up, spinning air attack that launches foes higher. Quick, and a good way to edge recover and control the aerial landscape.
- Down aerial: Downward sweeping blast with Arm Cannon. Landing meteor smash on foe attempting to ledge recover will likely result in a KO.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Chops the opponent with her free hand.
- Forward Throw: Throw opponent with Plasma Whip forward.
- Back Throw: Throw opponent with Plasma Whip backward.
- Up Throw: Cannon launch into the air.
- Down Throw: Slam that bounces foe.
|Dark Samus' Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Charge Shot|
|Up Special||Screw Attack|
|Final Smash||Phazon Laser|
- Up Taunt: Floats upright while emitting Phazon.
- Side Taunt: Spins in place while emitting Phaon.
- Down Taunt: Crouches and holds her Arm Cannon upright.
- Emerges from a portal of darkness
- Raises her arm into the air before lowering it in a fist pump.
- Splits into two clones before reforming while holding her her Arm cannon upright.
- Turns around before the camera zooms into her face.
In competitive play
To be added
In Spirit Battles
As the Main Opponent
- Dark Samus is the second fighter who was once an Assist Trophy in a previous Super Smash Bros. installment, the first being Little Mac and the third being Isabelle
- Dark Samus is the only Echo Fighter based on a starter character.
- Dark Samus is the first fighter to be referred to as "genderless" in Ultimate, being a construct made from Phazon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.