- This article is about Dark Pit's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Dark Pit.
|“||Dark Pit is Pit's echo fighter. His abilities are mostly the same as Pit's, but his hair and clothes are different colors, he summons different weapons, and celebrates victory to a different tune.||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
When unlocked, he is fought at Reset Bomb Forest.
- Possesses four jumps.
- Has a good mix of single and multi-hit attacks.
- Down aerial can meteor smash.
- Overall balanced attributes.
- Has disjointed hitboxes on most attacks, giving him high priority.
- Excellent recovery thanks to multiple midair jumps, Electroshock Arm, and Power of Flight.
- Good at edgeguarding, possessing a projectile and many multi-hit attacks with lots of active frames.
- Forward throw is a kill throw.
- Silver Bow can snipe and gimp recovering enemies as well as zone decently.
- Electroshock Arm side special possesses Super Armor and is a powerful kill move. It also deflects enemy projectiles.
- Power of Flight is among the best recoveries in the game thanks to its great distance.
- Guardian Orbitars reflects projectiles as well as blocks attacks.
- Forward and back throws can chain into his Final Smash, Dark Pit Staff.
- Few kill options outside of smash attacks and side special, relying heavily on edgeguarding opponents to get kills.
- Silver Bow can not be guided as much as the Palutena's Bow, making it more difficult to snipe and gimp with than its counterpart.
- Electroshock Arm leaves Dark Pit open if it misses or hits a shield, and has little to no confirms into it, requiring Dark Pit to use it as a hard punish.
- Power of Flight has no hitboxes, leaving Dark Pit vulnerable to gimping.
- Guardian Orbitars can only be held out for a limited time, and will break if they are hit with a projectile or attack that is too powerful.
- Low air speed.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Now has his Kid Icarus: Uprising color scheme instead of the pitch-back model in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Grabs and Throws
- Neutral Attack: alternating sword strikes with both hands; culminates in either a launch or stab combo
- Forward Tilt: double-blade slash with knockback
- Up Tilt: double-hop kick with popup
- Down Tilt: kneeling sword sweep that sends foes airborn
- Dash Attack: horizontal sword slash
- Forward Smash: double sword slash; first stuns, second knocks back
- Up Smash: triple-hit upward sword slashes that launches foes
- Down Smash: forward and backward sword sweep; very quick
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: sword twirl with multiple hits followed by knockback
- Forward aerial: forward sword spin
- Back aerial: backward dual-sword strike
- Up aerial: upward sword twirl with multiple hits followed by knockup
- Down aerial: downward single-blade strike
Grabs and Throws
- Grab: standard
- Pummel: Knees the opponent.
- Forward Throw: standard
- Back Throw: standard
- Up Throw: standard
- Down Throw: standard
|Dark Pit's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Silver Bow|
|Side Special||Electroshock Arm|
|Up Special||Power of Flight|
|Down Special||Guardian Orbitars|
|Final Smash||Dark Pit Staff|
- Up Taunt: Points the Silver Bow forward and waves it upwards twice, saying "Who wants some?".
- Down Taunt: Waves and points the Silver Bow forward, saying "Game On!".
- Side Taunt: Swings the Silver Bow around in circles and waves one of blades, saying "Watch out!".
- Spawn in the air and slowly land softly.
- Tap his foot on the ground.
- Connect his Silver Bow together, then detach them.
- Brushes his wings and then poses with his fist outstretched, saying "Nice try."
- Stabs his sword into the ground, says "I can't help but feel sorry for you!" then poses with his arms crossed.
- Twirls his sword around and says "Looks like I'm the last man standing." then poses with his sword pointed out.
In competitive play
To be added
Classic Mode: Created Warriors
Dark Pit's opponents (with the exception of Pit) are characters that were man-made creations or genetically enhanced fighters, a reference to his origin.
|1||Mewtwo||Spear Pillar||Battle! (Dialga/Palkia) / Spear Pillar|
|2||Dark Samus||Frigate Orpheon||Opening/Menu - Metroid Prime|
|3||Link (3x)||Temple||Great Temple / Temple||All Links have the Dark Link alt.|
|5||Captain Falcon||Big Blue||Devil's Call in Your Heart||Captain Falcon is in his red costume, referencing Blood Falcon.|
|6||Pit||Palutena's Temple||Dark Pit's Theme|
|Final||Galleom||Galleom's Stage||Boss Battle - Super Smash Bros. Brawl||Pit appears as a teammate.|
Role in World of Light
Dark Pit was among the fighters that were summoned to fight the army of Master Hands.
Dark Pit was present when Galeem unleashed his beams of light. Dark Pit was flying alongside Pit to escape the beams, but after Palutena was vaporized, they lost their Power of Flight and fell victim to the beams as well. They were both placed under Galeem's imprisonment along with the rest of the fighters, excluding Kirby, as the pink puff escaped on his Warp Star.
Dark Pit was one of many of the fighters that fell under Dharkon's control upon Galeem's first defeat. He can be found in the Dracula's Castle sub-area. His location is on the roof.