The Custom Part is an item in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Collecting one gives the player a custom special move, a Headgear or Outfit for Mii Fighters, or a piece of equipment. They can be obtained in several ways:
- Contained in chests, randomly dropped by defeated enemies, and carried by Fly Guys in Smash Run.
- In the All-Star Rest Area in All-Star Mode.
- Lying on the ground in the Home-Run Contest.
- Appearing randomly during normal Smash battles (if items are enabled).
- Dropped by Mew.
The white bags with the little wrenches on the front contain custom parts that you can use to give your fighters that little more "oomph". Maybe you'll find a custom special inside for one of the characters, or a hat or outfit for your own Mii Fighter. Either way, open all the treasure chests you see and defeat lots of enemies in Smash Run to get them.
- Villager can store Custom Parts with his Pocket move. This doesn't count as collecting them, but pulling them out does.