- This article is about Corrin's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Corrin.
|“||Corrin was available as a downloadable fighter in the previous version of Super Smash Bros. This fighter uses all kinds of attacks, like Torrential Roar and Dragon Fang Shot. Players can choose male or female versions!||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
Corrin is a veteran fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, first playable in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. He was confirmed to return on June 12, 2018 during E3 2018. Corrin once again retains the option to choose from either the male or female versions.
- 1 Attributes
- 2 Summary
- 3 Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- 4 Moveset
- 5 In competitive play
- 6 Classic Mode: Between White and Black
- 7 Role in World of Light
- 8 Palette Swaps
- 9 Tips
- 10 Gallery
- 11 External links
- Decent air speed.
- Most of their attacks have disjointed hitboxes as they fight with a sword.
- Good majority of attacks launches opponents in the air upward, allowing for combos and juggles.
- Dragon Fang Shot is a projectile that can be charged, increasing the projectile size and damage. Dragon Fang Shot inflicts high hitstun. It also has a close range hitbox that deals high knockback.
- Dragon Lunge can be cancelled or have different inputs used to extend the attack. It can pin opponents down to the ground if timed right. He can perform pseudo-wall-clings with this move by hitting a wall or ledge with it.
- Counter Surge is a counter attack which hits both sides and has high range. It is also the only counterattack that sends opponents directly upwards.
- Dragon Ascent has large hitboxes and has KO potential, as well giving Corrin good momentum after it is finished, improving his horizontal recovery.
- Back Air has forward momentum that can help with recovery.
- Forward Smash has very high range. It can also damage opponents while charging, being the only Smash Attack in the game that can damage opponents during its charge.
- Most of their Tilts and Aerials are quite fast and have great combo potential.
- Down Air can Meteor Smash.
- Slow mobility.
- Smash Attacks only KO reasonably at the tip, rendering them unsafe at close range.
- Down Air Attack drops straight down, which can lead into Self-Destructs.
- Lack of Combo throws.
- Poor recovery.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Corrin's third hit of neutral attack is an outward slash instead of a stab
Grabs and Throws
- Neutral Attack: Quick strike from left arm, transformed into Dragon Fang spike. Follows with upward sword strike. Can finish with quick dragon bite with knockback or midlevel sword slash that pops foes up.
- Forward Tilt: Downward slash, spins foes away and into the air. Only useful at 30% and higher.
- Up Tilt: Holds sword up and spins.
- Down Tilt: Crouching slice that pops foes up.
- Dash Attack: Spinning dive with sword straight out. Ends with launching foe up.
- Forward Smash: Long range Dragon Fang that can be angled. Pierce plus knockback.
- Up Smash: Dragon Fangs from both arms, directed above to impale foes. Knocks them into the air. Requires good timing.
- Down Smash: Forward sword strike plus simultaneous backward kick.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: Windmill attack with sword and dragon arm. Longer landing lag, but powerful in most situations.
- Forward aerial: Downward forward slash.
- Back aerial: Dragon wings from back for knockback while moving Corrin away.
- Up aerial: Upward sword slash, launching foes.
- Down aerial: Downward strike with legs becoming Dragon Fang. Quick, and can result in meteor smash when it connects. Small knockback otherwise.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Knees the opponent.
- Forward Throw: Stabs the opponent with a dragon spire.
- Back Throw: Corrin spins around and stabs the opponent with a dragon spire.
- Up Throw: Transforms into a dragon and headbutts the opponent into the air.
- Down Throw: Transforms into dragon form and slams down on the opponent.
|Corrin's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Dragon Fang Shot|
|Side Special||Dragon Lunge|
|Up Special||Draconic Ascent|
|Down Special||Counter Surge|
|Final Smash||Torrential Roar|
- Up Taunt:
- Down Taunt:
- Side Taunt:
- Twirls the Omega Yato over their head and places it on its tip. Male Corrin says, "That went well!", while female Corrin says, "That was great!"
- Swings the Omega Yato. Male Corrin will say "I win!" while female Corrin says "Good!".
- Transforms into their dragon form and roars.
In competitive play
To be added
Classic Mode: Between White and Black
|1||Dr. Mario||Golden Plains||Fever|
|2||Dark Samus||Brinstar Depths||Lockdown Battle Theme|
|3||Corrin, Daisy (white costume), and Palutena (white costume)||Mario Galaxy||Fated Battle||Peach and Rosalina & Luma in black costumes are CPU allies.|
|4||Pit and Dark Pit||Reset Bomb Forest||Boss Fight 1 - Kid Icarus: Uprising||Another Corrin is a CPU ally.|
|5||6 Mr. Game & Watches (3 white, 3 black)||Great Cave Offensive (Omega form)||CROWNED: Ver.2|
|6||Corrin, Lucina (black costume), and Robin||Castle Siege||Lost in Thoughts All Alone||Marth and Chrom in white costumes are CPU allies.|
|Final||Master Hand||Final Destination||Master Hand||On Intensity 7.0 and higher, Crazy Hand fights alongside Master Hand, and the track Master Hand / Crazy Hand plays during the battle.|
Role in World of Light
Although neither gender of Corrin appears in the World of Light opening cutscene, they were vaporized and later imprisoned alongside the rest of the fighters (sans Kirby) when Galeem unleashed his beams of light.
Male Corrin was one of the many fighters that fell under Dharkon's control upon Galeem's first defeat. He is on a platform made of clouds in the Mysterious Dimension sub-area, guarded by the spirit of Azura (whose spirit battle ironically contains the default Female Corrin).
Tips about a character's background and how to use that character can appear at random intervals on the loading screen. The player can also access the full list of tips at any time in the "Vault" section. The following tips are copied verbatim from the in-game text.
- In Their Series: Corrin, the main character from Fire Emblem Fates, is of royal blood. As a descendant of the First Dragons, Corrin can transform into a dragon.
- Omega Yato: When Corrin's Yato blade resonates with the four other divine weapons, it will turn into its final form, the Omega Yato.
- Charging Dragon Fang Shot (Neutral Special): The two stages of this move—shooting water and the bite attack—can both be charged by holding down the button at the right point.
- Dragon Fang's Shot Blast (Neutral Special): The water projectile will paralyze whoever it hits, giving you the time you need to follow up with a fully charged biting attack!
- Dragon Lunge and Terrain (Side Special): Skewering surfaces with this move allows for follow-up moves, such as recovering from walls by skewering a wall and then leaping to safety!
- Lockdown with Dragon Lunge (Side Special): You can keep enemies from moving for a while if you pierce them while skewering a surface. Beware: opponents can escape by wiggling around!
- Dragon Lunge Tips (Side Special): On the ground, Corrin won't thrust the spear until you press the button again after jumping. Once the spear is in the ground, tilt the stick to the side to kick, up to jump, and down to cancel.
- Dragon Ascent's Direction (Up Special): You can slightly adjust your flight angle by pressing in the direction you're facing. Push in the opposite direction to fly straight up and to a greater height.
- Invincibility for Dragon Ascent (Up Special): Corrin is invincible while charging up power at the start of this move. Practice with the timing and you'll be able to interrupt enemy attacks!
- Counter Surge (Down Special): This move will knock foes skyward with a fair amount of force, so try using it in a high-up place to really boot them off the stage!
- Area Attack with Counter Surge (Down Special): This counter is a bit slow compared to others, but it can hit foes on both sides. It's great for when you're in the middle of a brawl!
- Torrential Roar (Final Smash): Summon pillars of light and release a powerful torrent of water to launch opponents. The pillars of light will also hit opponents above you.
- Options for Dragon Fang Thrust (Side Smash Attack): Charge this move to juggle foes with Corrin's sword Yato before unleashing the coup de grace! It has a long range and can be aimed up or down a little!
- Tip on Dragon Fang Thrust (Side Smash Attack): Try to get the hang of hitting opponents with the point of Corrin's lance-arm, as that part inflicts more damage than the rest.
- Vertical Dragon Fang Thrust (Up Smash Attack): Corrin gets low and attacks straight up with lance-like arms. Try to hit enemies with the points for more damage.
- Yato Dragon Fang (Down Smash Attack): Corrin strikes forward with a sword and backward with a lance-like foot. Try hitting sneaky backstabbers with the point of the lance!
- Dragon Fang Wings (Back Air Attack): Propel yourself forward with a flap of the wings. You can deal some damage and get yourself out of tight spots.
- Dragon's Piercing Drop (Down Air Attack): Transform both legs into a single lance and drop straight down. This move deals damage when landing but leaves you open if the enemy uses their shield.
- Dragon-Form Kick (Downward Throw): Hits in a wide radius, sending multiple foes skyward when Corrin stomps the ground, lining them up for a nice follow-up attack.
- Get Multiple Opponents with a Throw: Corrin's arms change into spears when performing a forward throw or a backward throw. You can hit other fighters with the spears. If you can hit opponents with the tip, you can launch them far.