Kirby puts on a chef's hat and clangs a spatula & frying pan, and nearly everything within a limited radius is drawn into the cauldron to stew as Kirby stands over it, stirring and seasoning it with salt and pepper as he does so. After a short while, the characters and various items are launched upward, causing about 24% and relatively weak knockback that may not generally KO those under 100%; though this can be helped by using the move closer to the Blast lines. Its true strength lies in its decent range against multiple foes, and the helpful items it produces.
This Final Smash also has the potential drawback of allowing those hit by the attack to use the items that come out with them. The other drawback is, if Kirby leaves any opponents out on the stage, they normally get first pick of the items that fall, because the others are sent out of the pot whilst Kirby poses to show the cooking is finished and cannot move until every item is spawned, thus, Kirby sometimes cannot use the better items or destroy them before another player can. However, this may only be penalized when a huge amount of items come out of the pot.
The more damage enemies have, the harder it is to avoid (i.e. if Kirby vs. Link, with Link at 200+ damage, he will be sucked into the pot easier and from a farther distance). Also, it can suck in enemies through impassable walls, floors, stars, etc.
The number of items produced by the pot and the damage players get is dependent on the number of things that get sucked into it; if nothing can be absorbed, nothing will come out. However, the chances of this happening are slim, as the pot sucks in all on-screen players and objects, including Pikmin, projectiles, Pokémon, exploding Smart Bombs, and Assist Trophy characters.
A character with a move that quickly produces objects (such as Pikmin Pluck or Fox's Blaster) can feed so many things into the pot that it can "max out", stopping it from sucking up anything else. Doing this if there are items like mushrooms, stars and other items with no set limit to how many appear can make Cook Kirby create very large streams of them coming out of the pot.
There are many ways to avoid this Final Smash. Most of these require precise timing. The simplest way to dodge is to perform any of the following while Kirby is banging his utensils:
- If one is ledge-grabbing, then the player will not be sucked in. (you have to be on the ledge farthest away from Kirby for it to work.)
- Zelda/Sheik can avoid the move with a perfectly timed Transform. Also, Pokemon Trainer can avoid it by doing a perfectly timed Pokemon Change.
- Marth and Ike's Counter will prevent this attack from damaging them if timed correctly.
- Also, it can be air dodged and sidestepped quite easily when timed correctly.
- Meta Knight's Mach Tornado will prevent Kirby's attack from working as well.
- Lucario's Double Team also prevents the attack from working, if timed correctly.
- Jigglypuff's Rest will also negate the Final Smash if timed correctly.
- Olimar can continuously use Pikmin Pluck to avoid the attack. The Pikmin will fly into the pot as they are pulled out, but this requires extremely rapid button mashing.
- Fox can use his Blaster to avoid the attack, the shots will enter in the pot while Fox is shooting.
- If Sonic does a Spring Jump with correct timing, he will not be pulled into the attack due to his vertical distance.
Kirby in chef's garb. When Kirby throws on his chef's hat, a giant pot appears in the center of the screen. All characters, items, and even long-distance weapons are sucked into the pot. Once they've simmered a bit, food items equal to the number of things in the pot appear. Characters in the mix get blasted straight up out of the pot.
The move is based on Kirby's Cook ability from Kirby Super Star and Kirby & The Amazing Mirror. While not able to damage bosses like other one-time-use powers, it was able to suck in all minor enemies that are on-screen to turn them into healing food items.
This Final Smash also reflects Kirby's love for food, as he usually eats up enemies and gobbles food along his journeys, and has even been traveling to a mountain filled with gourmet goods in Kirby Super Star's minigame, Gourmet Race.
- On the Japanese version of the Smash Bros. DOJO!!, the post for this move featured a song (Shaberu! DS Oryouri NAVI) from a Japan/PAL-only game. Nonetheless, the song is obtainable in all versions of the game as an unlockable track in the Pictochat stage.
- Items coming out of the pot may include some items, a food buffet, or a surplus of one certain item.
- If the outcome is all lightning, every lightning bolt will have the same effect, regardless of the user.
- If one grabs an Assist Trophy in mid-air and Kirby initiates the Final Smash in midair at the same time, all characters and items will get sucked in and Kirby will constantly bang his utensils nonstop until the game ends. Video can be seen here.
- In the artwork for Cook Kirby in Kirby Super Star, Kirby is banging a frying pan and a spatula. In its remake, Kirby Super Star Ultra, he has a ladle and a salt shaker. He uses both sets in the games themselves, as well as when he performs his Final Smash.
- The trophy depicts Mario in the pot, and the E3 2006 video shows Mario in the pot as well.
- Some users find the clanging utensils rather annoying, so some players use the move after a KO as a type of taunt, at the same time eliminating any opponents.
- Kirby's current appearance is not affected when possessing certain Copy abilities while using his Final Smash; if he has Olimar's ability when he uses the Final Smash, he will still have the nose on. Kirby will also keep Snake's beard, R.O.B.'s face, Donkey Kong's fur, Mr. Game & Watch's color, and Falco's beak.
- Cook Kirby can take and cook Fox/Falco/Wolf's blaster shots and turn them into an item.
- Cook Kirby is the only Final Smash to effectively have become an Assist Trophy, as Chef Kawasaki uses the move in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
|Kirby's Special Moves|
|Side Special||—||Hammer||Hammer Flip|
|Up Special||Final Cutter|
|Final Smash||—||Cook Kirby||Ultra Sword|