- This article is about Cloud's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Cloud Strife.
Cloud is a veteran fighter in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, first playable in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. His return was confirmed at the E3 2018 Conference on June 12, 2018.
When unlocked, he is fought at Midgar.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Limit Gauge is now displayed next to Cloud's damage meter.
- Cloud's Limit Break form only lasts for 15 seconds before requiring him to recharge it.
- Aerials have smaller hitboxes.
Grabs and Throws
- Neutral Attack: Cloud kicks forward once, and then kicks with his other leg, finishing with a sword swing forwards.
- Forward Tilt: Cloud swings his sword forwards.
- Up Tilt: Cloud swings his sword overhead.
- Down Tilt: Cloud slides forwards across the ground with his legs extended for a kick.
- Dash Attack: Cloud slams forth with the entire edge of the blade.
- Forward Smash: Cloud rapidly slashes the sword three times in front of himself.
- Up Smash: Cloud swings the sword upwards, hitting in front of and above himself.
- Down Smash: Cloud strikes low to the ground in front of himself with the hilt of the sword, and then slams the blade of the sword backwards; first hit links into the second hit.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: Cloud swings his sword around himself in a circle.
- Forward aerial: Cloud powerfully swings the sword in a downwards arc in front of himself; spikes when sweet-spotted.
- Back aerial: Cloud turns and swings his sword behind himself.
- Up aerial: Cloud slams the sword upwards, holding it horizontally.
- Down aerial: Cloud slams the sword downwards; spikes when sweet-spotted.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Cloud throws a knee into the opponent.
- Forward Throw: Cloud kicks the opponent forwards.
- Back Throw: Cloud kicks the opponent backwards.
- Up Throw: Cloud kicks the opponent upwards.
- Down Throw: Cloud slams the opponent to the ground.
- Up Taunt:
- Down Taunt:
- Side Taunt:
In competitive play
To be added
Classic Mode: A Ride? Not Interested.
All of Cloud's battles are done on vehicle stages. This is a reference to the fact that he suffers from motion sickness. His song in the credits is "Fight On!"
||Full Steam Ahead
||Fox and Falco
||Main Theme - Star Fox 64 (Brawl)
||Meta Knight's Revenge
||Mario, Yoshi, and Peach
||On Intensity 7.0 and higher, Crazy Hand fights alongside Master Hand, and the track Master Hand / Crazy Hand plays during the battle.
Cloud from the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate panorama
61 Cloud – Super Smash Bros. Ultimate