The Character Roll Call is a feature used in Super Smash Bros. Brawl based on the feature in Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee's ending credits. It is played after the successful completion of Classic Mode or All-Star Mode. The main idea is to shoot the panels of characters, Assist Trophies, Poke Balls, items, and trophies the player has collected. Once a panel is hit, it flips and coins disperse from the panel. At the end, the total screen appears telling you how many panels were hit out of the total amount of panels shown, followed by how many coins have been earned.
Hitting the panels rewards the shooter with more points than hitting the name of the panel. This is a fun extra that does not require to shoot all panels in order to unlock something. The higher the difficulty level, the more coins are earned per panel.
A different song will play based on the character with whom Classic or All-Star was beat. These themes usually are themes from the end of a game, or else a personal theme.
- Mario: Title / Ending (Super Mario World)
- Luigi: Luigi's Mansion Theme
- Peach: Title / Ending (Super Mario World)
- Bowser: Giga Bowser (Melee)
- Yoshi: Ending (Yoshi's Story)
- Donkey Kong: King K.Rool / Ship Deck 2
- Diddy Kong: King K.Rool / Ship Deck 2
- Captain Falcon: Fire Field
- Link: Tal Tal Heights
- Zelda/Sheik: Ocarina of Time Medley
- Ganondorf: Gerudo Valley
- Toon Link: Village of the Blue Maiden
- Samus/Zero Suit Samus: Ending (Metroid)
- Kirby: Butter Building
- Meta Knight: Meta Knight's Revenge
- King Dedede: King Dedede's Theme
- Lucas: Mother 3 Love Theme
- Ness: Snowman
- Ice Climbers: Ice Climber
- Fox: Main Theme (Star Fox)
- Falco: Main Theme (Star Fox 64)
- Wolf: Star Wolf
- Pikachu: Pokémon Center
- Pokémon Trainer: Road to Viridian City (From Pallet Town / Pewter City)
- Lucario: Team Galactic Battle!
- Jigglypuff: Road to Viridian City (From Pallet Town / Pewter City)
- Mr. Game & Watch: Flat Zone 2
- Ike: Victory is Near
- Marth: Fire Emblem (Melee)
- Pit: Title (Kid Icarus)
- Wario: Warioware, Inc. Medley
- Olimar: Stage Clear / Title (Pikmin)
- R.O.B.: Gyromite
- Snake: Calling to the Night
- Sonic: Seven Rings in Hand
- Marth is the only character that did not change his credit theme from Melee to Brawl. Bowser was also said to not change his theme, but only by game, not music. Their themes are Fire Emblem (Melee) and Giga Bowser (Melee), respectively.
- The gameplay in the credits sequence is identical to and a tribute to the 1995 game Chaos Control.