Chain Attack is Shulk's Final Smash. A flash of light will appear in front of Shulk, sending everyone in it to another area. Shulk then calls on Dunban and Riki, where they will simulaneously attack the opponents. After a number of attacks, Shulk will deal a finishing blow with the Monado. Everyone will return to the stage, while those caught in the attack will recieve heavy knockback.
In Xenoblade Chronicles, a Chain Attack could be performed on an enemy in which the three characters would take turns performing a special attack on the opponent. Three party members can be playable at a time, and Dunban and Riki were the ones chosen for Smash.
- This is one of four Final Smashes to feature a cutscene, along with the Blue Falcon, Mega Man Legends, and NES Zapper Posse.
- This is one of four Final Smashes where the user calls other characters to help him; Pair Up, Mega Man Legends, and NES Zapper Posse are the other three.
- If Shulk has one of his Monado Arts active while performing his Final Smash, the damage input and launching power may be different if no art is enabled.
- No Art Active: With no active art, Shulk will deal 40% damage and strong knockback.
- Jump: Will be the same as without an art active.
- Speed: Deals 32% damage, same knockback.
- Shield: 28% damage, same knockback.
- Buster: Deals the highest amount of damage possible, 56%, although the launching power is lowered.
- Smash: Deals the lowest amount of damage, 20%, however, is able to nearly K.O. opponents at 15% or higher because of this mode having the highest launch ability.
|Shulk's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Monado Arts|
|Side Special||Back Slash|
|Up Special||Air Slash|
|Final Smash||Chain Attack|