A flash of light will appear in front of Shulk, sending everyone in it to another area, while leaving anyone else in a frozen state. Shulk then calls on Dunban, Riki and Fiora, where they will simultaneously attack the opponents. After a number of attacks, Shulk will deal a finishing blow with the Monado. Everyone will return to the stage, while those caught in the attack will receive heavy knockback.
If Shulk had one of his Monado Arts active when he activates his Final Smash, the damage output and launching power will be different than if no art is enabled.
- No Art Active: With no active art, Shulk will deal 40% damage and strong knockback.
- Jump: Will be the same as without an art active.
- Speed: Deals 32% damage, same knockback.
- Shield: Deals 28% damage, same knockback.
- Buster: Deals the highest amount of damage possible, 56%, although the launching power is lowered.
- Smash: Deals the lowest amount of damage, 20%, however, is able to nearly K.O. opponents at 15% or higher because of this mode having the highest launch ability.
In Xenoblade Chronicles, a Chain Attack could be performed on an enemy in which the three characters would take turns using arts on the opponent. Three party members can be playable at a time, and Dunban and Riki were the ones chosen for Smash.
In Xenoblade Chronicles, building up the party's team spirit would let them unleash a chain attack, using multiple Arts in a row to deal massive damage. In this game, Shulk's Final Smash calls party members Dunban and Riki to help obliterate an unlucky target...or multiple tagets if you catch more than one in the circle of light!
- This is one of four Final Smashes in SSB4 to feature a cutscene, along with the Blue Falcon, Mega Man Legends, and NES Zapper Posse.
- This is one of four Final Smashes where the user calls other characters to help him/her; Pair Up, Mega Man Legends, and NES Zapper Posse are the other three.
- In the cutscene, Shulk uses Monado Buster to finish the attack, where as Riki uses Lurgy, and Dunban appears to use his Talent Art, Blossom Dance.
- The Chain Attack appears to get 1 extra move, as only Shulk uses a normal attack and Buster.
|Shulk's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Monado Arts|
|Side Special||Back Slash|
|Up Special||Air Slash|
|Final Smash||Chain Attack|