- This article is about Captain Falcon's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Captain Falcon.
|“||A fighter that possesses both speed and power! But in exchange, he is frequently left open. Being able to successfully land his neutral special, Falcon Punch, can greatly influence the battle in multiplayer matches.||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
When unlocked, he is fought at Port Town Aero Dive.
- 1 Attributes
- 2 Summary
- 3 Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- 4 Moveset
- 5 In competitive play
- 6 Classic Mode: Up Close and Personal
- 7 In Spirit Battles
- 8 Role in World of Light
- 9 Palette Swaps
- 10 Gallery
- 11 External links
- Extremely fast running speed.
- Capable of wall jumping.
- Considerable low knockback scaling on some attacks, allowing him to combo opponents with efficiency.
- Very good aerial game.
- Little landing and ending lag on most Aerial Attacks except for Forward and Down Aerials.
- Good variety of KO moves.
- Up Tilt, Down Aerial and aerial Raptor Boost can all Meteor Smash.
- Fast falling speed.
- Subpar recovery.
- Many attacks have low range.
- Inability to deal with projectile users and long-range opponents.
- Using Falcon Kick in midair causes him to plummet and can lead to self-destructs.
- Most ground attacks have considerable ending lag.
- Falcon Punch has high starting lag.
- No projectiles.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Like other fighters, strong attacks such as Falcon Punch will trigger a dramatic slow-motion effect on 1v1 fights.
- The racetrack in Blue Falcon has a new texture.
Grabs and Throws
- Falcon now grabs with one hand during Falcon Dive rather than two.
- Neutral Attack: Captain Falcon punches forth once, then a second time, and finishes with a knee jab; if the button is pressed quickly enough, he will unleash a flurry of quick punches that finishes with a final strong punch.
- Forward Tilt: Captain Falcon performs a side kick; can be angled up and down.
- Up Tilt (Wheel Kick): Captain Falcon performs an axe kick; spikes when sweet spotted.
- Down Tilt: Captain Falcon kicks low to the ground.
- Dash Attack: Captain Falcon tackles forwards with a shoulder ram.
- Forward Smash: Captain Falcon throws a strong backhanded punch.
- Up Smash: Captain Falcon performs two high kicks.
- Down Smash: Captain Falcon kicks forwards, and then kicks behind himself.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: Captain Falcon spins around while kicking forwards twice.
- Forward aerial (Knee Smash): Captain Falcon powerfully slams forwards with his knee; famously known as the "Knee of Justice"; incredibly powerful when sweet spotted.
- Back aerial: Captain Falcon strikes behind himself with one arm.
- Up aerial (Overhead Kick): Captain Falcon kicks overhead.
- Down aerial: Captain Falcon powerfully stomps downwards with both legs.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Knees the opponent.
- Forward Throw: Captain Falcon punches the opponent forwards.
- Back Throw: Captain Falcon tosses the opponent backwards and then kicks them away.
- Up Throw: Captain Falcon uppercuts the opponent away.
- Down Throw: Captain Falcon slams the opponent into the ground.
|Captain Falcon's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Falcon Punch|
|Side Special||—||Raptor Boost|
|Up Special||Falcon Dive|
|Down Special||Falcon Kick|
|Final Smash||—||Blue Falcon|
- Up Taunt: Crouches down to power up with slight flames coming out from him.
- Down Taunt: Does a salute while saying “Show me your moves!” If facing to the left, he will point with his hand instead.
- Side Taunt: Reaches forward with a beckoning motion while saying “Come on!”
The Blue Falcon rushes on screen, stopping so Captain Falcon can come out.
In competitive play
- Big D - One of the best Captain Falcon players in the world. Uses Captain Falcon as a secondary, and placed 4th at Don't Park on the Grass 2018 and 33rd at GENESIS 6.
- Fatality - The best Captain Falcon player in the world. Placed 17th at Frostbite 2019, 4th at Midwest Mayhem Ultimate and 9th at Super Splat Bros.
- NickC - One of the best Captain Falcon players in the world. Placed 5th at both NYXL Pop-Up! and Smash at The Paramount, and 13th at both Let's Make Moves and Glitch 6.
Classic Mode: Up Close and Personal
Captain Falcon fights opponents who specialize in close-range combat.
|1||Donkey Kong||Jungle Japes||Battle for Storm Hill|
|2||Ganondorf||Gerudo Valley||Gerudo Valley|
|3||Ryu||Suzaku Castle||Ryu Stage|
|4||Roy||Arena Ferox||Attack - Fire Emblem|
|5||6 Mii Brawlers||Coliseum||The Devoted|
|6||Little Mac||Boxing Ring||Jogging / Countdown|
|Final||Bowser, then Giga Bowser||Final Destination||King Bowser - Super Mario Bros. 3|
In Spirit Battles
As the Main Opponent
- Bullet Bill
- Funky Kong
- Hitmonlee (x2)
- Blood Falcon (x2)
- Zero (Metal Gear Solid 3)
- Duo (x2)
- Fighting Alloy Team (x4)
- Mach Rider
- Drake Redcrest
- Henry Fleming
As a Minion
- Alfonzo & Engineer Link
- Jody Summer
- Black Shadow
Role in World of Light
Captain Falcon was among the fighters that were summoned to fight the army of Master Hands.
During the opening cutscene, Captain Falcon was present on the cliffside when Galeem unleashed his beams of light. He attempted to escape in the Blue Falcon, but Galeem vaporized him and his vehicle before he could do so. He was then imprisoned by Galeem along with the rest of the fighters (excluding Kirby). A puppet fighter of him can be seen behind Mario in the group of puppet fighters under Galeem's control.
Captain Falcon can be found early in the mode if the player goes through Villager's path instead of those of Marth and Sheik. He is in the middle of a racetrack that can only be traversed with the assistance of Pico's spirit.