- This article is about Bowser Jr.'s appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Bowser Jr..
|“||The Jr. Clown Car this little fella rides in takes less damage when attacked than Bowser Jr. himself—so try to stay in the car when taking damage. The different color variations are the Koopalings!||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
Bowser Jr. is a veteran fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, first playable in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. He was confirmed to return on June 12, 2018, during E3 2018. As in the previous game, all of Bowser Jr.'s alternate costumes are one of the seven Koopalings.
When unlocked, he is fought at Delfino Plaza.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- The last hit of neutral attack is now an uppercut, giving it more vertical range.
- His down tilt can now consume any healing items.
Grabs and Throws
- Clown Cannon can now fire a cannonball while another one is already in play and the cannonball now spins instead of flying straight.
- Unless stated otherwise, all moves belong to the Junior Clown Car, not Bowser Jr. himself.
- Neutral Attack: Performs a one-two combo followed by a flurry of punches that finishes with an uppercut via a pair of boxing gloves.
- Forward Tilt: Thrusts a pitchfork forward.
- Up Tilt: Thrusts a pitchfork upward.
- Down Tilt: Sticks out its tongue and flicks it three times.
- Dash Attack: Opens its mouth and sticks out a Grinder.
- Forward Smash: Extends two drills and spins them rapidly..
- Up Smash: Spins its propeller while Bowser Jr. performs a handstand.
- Down Smash: Slams wrecking balls down on both sides.
- Floor Attack (Front): Spins around with its boxing gloves extended.
- Floor Attack (Back): Spins a Grinder around itself.
- Floor Attack (Trip): Thrusts a pitchfork on both sides.
- Ledge Attack: Slams two wrecking balls on the ground.
- Neutral aerial: Performs a discus spinning clothesline via its boxing gloves.
- Forward aerial: Swing a wrecking ball forward in a circular motion.
- Back aerial: Thrusts a wrecking ball backward.
- Up aerial: Bowser Jr. swings a hammer above himself.
- Down aerial: Extends a drill downward and spins it rapidly.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Bowser Jr. hits the opponent with a toy hammer.
- Forward Throw: Uppercuts the opponent forward via its boxing gloves.
- Back Throw: Flings the opponent backward via the same claw used to grab the opponent.
- Up Throw: Flings the opponent into the air via the same claw used to grab the opponent.
- Down Throw: Takes the opponent down and spins a drill rapidly.
|Bowser Jr.'s Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Clown Cannon|
|Side Special||Clown Kart Dash|
|Up Special||Abandon Ship|
|Final Smash||Shadow Mario Paint|
- Up Taunt: Bowser Jr. jumps and sits on the rim of the Clown Car while exhaling a small flame.(Same for the other Koopalings.)
- Side Taunt: Bowser Jr. pulls out a hammer and swings it around twice(.For the Koopalings, they pull out their Wands.)
- Down Taunt: The Clown Car performs a doughnut in its go-kart form while sporting an angry expression, while Bowser Jr ending up dizzy.(Same for the other Koopalings)
- Pop out from the clown car and mock(Same for the other Koopalings)
- Hop his clown car (Same for the other koopalings)
- Look around his area.(Same for the other Koopalings)
In competitive play
To be added
Classic Mode: Mama Peach, Where Are You?
All of Bowser Jr.'s opponents are princesses, some of which are teamed up with their love interest (or in Lucina's case, her father).
|1||Rosalina & Luma||Mario Galaxy||Rosalina in the Observatory / Luma's Theme|
|2||Lucina and Chrom||Arena Ferox||Prelude (Ablaze)|
|3||Daisy and Luigi||Mushroom Kingdom U||Mario Tennis / Mario Golf|
|4||Zelda||Hyrule Castle||Saria's Theme|
|5||6 Mii Fighters||Peach's Castle||Main Theme - Super Mario 64||The Mii Fighters all wear princess wigs.|
|6||Mario and Peach||Delfino Plaza||Delfino Plaza|
|Final||Master Hand||Final Destination||Master Hand||On Intensity 7.0 and higher, Crazy Hand fights alongside Master Hand, and the track Master Hand / Crazy Hand plays during the battle.|
Role in World of Light
Although Bowser Jr. does not appear in the World of Light opening cutscene, he was vaporized and later imprisoned alongside the rest of the fighters (sans Kirby) when Galeem unleashed his beams of light.
Bowser Jr. was many of the fighters that fell under Dharkon's control upon Galeem's first defeat. He is found in one of two alternate pathlines on the Triforce of Power segment of the Sacred Land sub-area, guarded by various Legendary spirits.