- This article is about Bowser Jr.'s appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Bowser Jr..
||The Jr. Clown Car this little fella rides in takes less damage when attacked than Bowser Jr. himself—so try to stay in the car when taking damage. The different color variations are the Koopalings!
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.
Bowser Jr. is a veteran fighter in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, first playable in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. He was confirmed to return on June 12, 2018, during E3 2018. As in the previous game, all of Bowser Jr.'s alternate costumes are one of the seven Koopalings.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- The last hit of neutral attack is now an uppercut, giving it more vertical range.
- His down tilt can now consume any healing items.
Grabs and Throws
- Clown Cannon can now fire a cannonball while another one is already in play and the cannonball now spins instead of flying straight.
- Unless stated otherwise, all moves belong to the Junior Clown Car, not Bowser Jr. himself.
- Neutral Attack: Performs a one-two combo followed by a flurry of punches that finishes with an uppercut via a pair of boxing gloves.
- Forward Tilt: Thrusts a pitchfork forward.
- Up Tilt: Thrusts a pitchfork upward.
- Down Tilt: Sticks out its tongue and flicks it three times.
- Dash Attack: Opens its mouth and sticks out a Grinder.
- Forward Smash: Extends two drills and spins them rapidly..
- Up Smash: Spins its propeller while Bowser Jr. performs a handstand.
- Down Smash: Slams wrecking balls down on both sides.
- Floor Attack (Front): Spins around with its boxing gloves extended.
- Floor Attack (Back): Spins a Grinder around itself.
- Floor Attack (Trip): Thrusts a pitchfork on both sides.
- Ledge Attack: Slams two wrecking balls on the ground.
- Neutral aerial: Performs a discus spinning clothesline via its boxing gloves.
- Forward aerial: Swing a wrecking ball forward in a circular motion.
- Back aerial: Thrusts a wrecking ball backward.
- Up aerial: Bowser Jr. swings a hammer above himself.
- Down aerial: Extends a drill downward and spins it rapidly.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Bowser Jr. hits the opponent with a toy hammer.
- Forward Throw: Uppercuts the opponent forward via its boxing gloves.
- Back Throw: Flings the opponent backward via the same claw used to grab the opponent.
- Up Throw: Flings the opponent into the air via the same claw used to grab the opponent.
- Down Throw: Takes the opponent down and spins a drill rapidly.
- Up Taunt: Bowser Jr. jumps and sits on the rim of the Clown Car while exhaling a small flame.
- Side Taunt: Bowser Jr. pulls out a hammer and swings it around twice.
- Down Taunt: The Clown Car performs a doughnut in its go-kart form while sporting an angry expression.
In competitive play
To be added
58 Bowser Jr. – Super Smash Bros. Ultimate