The Blue Falcon is Captain Falcon's Final Smash. It starts when Captain Falcon calls (saying "Come on! Blue Falcon!") for his F-Zero machine, the Blue Falcon. The Blue Falcon crashes through the stage in front of Captain Falcon. Whoever it hits when it first appears will be hit by the rest of the move. A short cutscene appears, and the opponents are run over and sent flying, doing about 40% damage if every part of the attack hits. Like certain other Final Smashes, if no one is hit when the Blue Falcon appears, then the attack fails. This Final Smash requires precise timing as you must get close to your foes.
Damage & Knockback
Regardless of the amount of targets there are, it always does around 40% damage.
The knockback of this move depends on the number of targets hit, the more there are the less knockback it will do, so it's best to get a single target for a (nearly) guaranteed KO. Also if there are a lot of targets they may collide with each other which reduces knockback.
- Captain Falcon's Final Smash. His beloved ship, the Blue Falcon, roars onto the screen once he touches a foe in front of him. The enemy gets sent to a racetrack, at which point the Blue Falcon screams down at a ridiculous speed and launches the unlucky victim. What track is it? Where did the machine come from? This is one technique that's an utter mystery.
The Blue Falcon is Captain Falcon's ship in every F-Zero game to date and is playable from the start in all of them. This version is taken almost directly from F-Zero GX but seems to employ a number of characteristics from many other F-Zero titles.
- The Blue Falcon keeps Captain Falcon's attributes in a Special Brawl. For example, in a Tiny Brawl, the car will also be tiny and difficult to see, and in a Clear Brawl it is invisible.
- If the car crashes into someone with infinite launch resistance, it looks like the victim isn't taken away, but the Final Smash still initiates with the character being struck and still getting the same damage and knockback after the cutscene.
- Blue Falcon is unique as a Final Smash because it is one of the few that does not zoom in on the user and it is the only Final Smash with cutscene-like qualities.
- The move is sometimes jokingly referred to as "Falcon Drunk Driving", "Falcon Hit and Run", or "Falcon Drive-By" because of the campy personality of Captain Falcon.
- The stage on which the opponents land appears to be a Port Town Course, from F-Zero GX.
- This is the only move that Captain Falcon uses that is derived from the games that he stars in. All of his other moves are original and created for the Smash Bros. series.
- If done (in)correctly, Captain Falcon can self-destruct using this move. If he is running on ice and slides into the opponent while using his Final Smash, the cutscene will show a close-up of the Blue Falcon, eventually going behind it. His opponents will not be KOed. If done in Training, the Smash Ball cannot be resummoned.
|Captain Falcon's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Falcon Punch|
|Side Special||—||Raptor Boost|
|Up Special||Falcon Dive|
|Down Special||Falcon Kick|
|Final Smash||—||Blue Falcon|