Beast Ganon (魔獣ガノン, Demon Beast Ganon) is Ganondorf's Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. It returns as Ganondorf’s Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. It is referred to as Ganon, The Demon King (魔王ガノン, Demon King Ganon) during the E3 2018 Nintendo Direct, however it is still called Beast Ganon in the game.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Ganondorf turns into Ganon, a gigantic beast resembling a fearsome boar, then stomps. If caught in the transformation hitbox, the opponent receives 10% damage and gets buried. The stomp does little damage, but it stuns the opponent, even if they're in midair. Ganon then does a dash across the stage that does 47% damage. The move, if the dash hits, is in nearly every situation a One-Hit KO, even on multiple characters. Soon after transforming, Ganondorf returns to his normal form, and appears back at the spot in which he used it. The player can't self-destruct with this move, unless he/she was doomed to die before using it (i.e. if Ganondorf uses this move on a falling block, even if it has not begun to fall yet). If the player uses this move, they should try to be at the boundary line of the screen. If he/she starts in the middle, opponents can get behind the player, and they will avoid being hit.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
It is somewhat the same as its Super Smash Bros. Brawl counterpart where the transformation hitbox deals 10% of damage but when Ganon stomps, it deals 10% aswell as stunning the opponent and the dash deals 40% of damage Down from 47% in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. In total Beast Ganon deals 60% of damage if all hits are successful however it is not able to One-Hit KO anymore.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
When Ganondorf uses his Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, he transforms into his Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time incarnation where he has two swords and is bipedal. When he transforms, he slashes with his sword dealing 10% of damage and Meteor Smashing the opponent. He then dashes forward dealing 45% of damage to anybody caught in his range. In total it deals 55% of damage, 5% less than in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Depending on whether the target is offstage and lower down in comparison to Ganon’s sword, the target will either be hit by Ganon during the slow motion effect, or be Meteor Smashed.
Both Beast Ganon’s appearances in Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time appear as Spirits. In order to unlock the “Ganon” spirit, the player must defeat the Ganon Boss Fight in World of Light. To unlock the “Beast Ganon” Spirit, the player must first acquire the ”Ganondorf (Twilight Princess)” spirit. Afterwards, they have to level it up to Level 99 and then enhance it.
Ganon is the ultimate form of Ganondorf, which debuted in the original Legend Of Zelda game on the NES and has appeared in almost every Zelda title since in some way, shape, or form. Ganon is traditionally a large, half-human/half-boar in all of the games he appears in. However, the Ganon used in Brawl, like Ganondorf himself, is based on his appearance in The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess and even has the same glowing wound. This version was completely beast-like, and Ganon's main attack in Twilight Princess was charging at Link.
The depictions from Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U originated from Twilight Princess while the depiction from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate originated from Ocarina of Time.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Ganondorf's Final Smash. When he grabs a Smash Ball, he transforms into a repulsive, evil beast. He'll vanish momentarily from the screen, then rampage from one side to the other in a straight, headlong rush. When he begins the move, any character before his eyes will flinch, so try to start the move near other characters.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
NTSC: For Ganondorf's Final Smash, he morphs into a beast and attacks. As soon as he's transformed, he buries nearby fighters in the ground and then stuns them with his roar. Finally, he charges forward, dealing heavy damage and launching anyone in his way. Any foes buried by the first strike are doomed to be hit by the rest.
PAL: For Ganondorf's Final Smash, he morphs into a beast and attacks. As soon as he's transformed, he buries fighters nearby in the ground, then stuns them with his roar. Finally, he charges forward, dealing heavy damage and launching anyone in his way. Any foes who are buried by the first strike are guaranteed to be hit by the rest.
- Although Ganon has the same glowing wound as in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, it has a purple tint around it, rather than just being white, like in "Twilight Princess".
- While Ganon has the glowing wound from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Ganondorf does not.
- If the player who is Ganondorf pauses while Beast Ganon is dashing across the screen, the camera automatically focuses where they were standing when they activated the Final Smash. This could mean that, programming-wise, Ganondorf himself does not actually move, but is animated to disappear and reappear at certain points while the separate Beast Ganon model moves and attacks.
- If used on the edge of a stage with an opponent below Ganondorf, it can be used as an effective meteor smash (because of the fact that it buries).
- If the player pauses just as Ganondorf returns from the attack, he will be in his default character model pose.
- Alternately, if the player pauses just as Ganondorf begins the attack (before he transforms), he'll/she'll be able to spot a very tiny Beast Ganon near his neck. If he's bending down, it'll be more noticeable, and inside his cape.
- The move's special effects can reveal very odd raytracing if looked at from the proper angles with the pause camera. At certain angles, a character can appear to be looking in a distorted mirror.
- Ganondorf's Final Smash was revealed before the actual character himself was.
|Ganondorf's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Warlock Punch|
|Side Special||Gerudo Dragon||Flame Choke|
|Up Special||Dark Dive|
|Down Special||Wizard's Foot|
|Final Smash||—||Beast Ganon|