Battle Arenas are an online feature available in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. It allows players to create battle arenas for people to join to battle or spectate battles.
The player can either join an arena or create one. When they want to join one, they can search by any of their Nintendo Switch friends' arenas, public arenas, or an arena's ID. There's plenty of options for an arena when they want to create one.
- Arena Privacy - Sets if the arena can be joined by anyone or just Switch friends
- Arena Name - Name of the arena
- Music - Music that plays while in the arena screen
- Ruleset - Select any of the created rulesets to use in battle
- Skill - Set the skill of players joining based on their GSP. Otherwise, the player can also choose Anything Goes, or Playground
- Battle Format - Sets the battle format, including 4-player smash, 3-player smash, team battles, or 1v1
- Max Players - How many players can join.
In the arena screen, players can move their tokens around the screen and place them on the battle ring, bleachers, or waiting line. A player's token is represented by their name and current icon on their Smash Tag. Anyone in the ring can press the plus or minus button to start the match.