75m is a unlockable stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl that is based on the 75m level of the original arcade version of Donkey Kong, also known as the Elevator Level. It is a retro stage in the sense that it uses the original 8-bit graphics to replicate the look, including the original arcade version of Donkey Kong (who, according to one of Snake's Codec conversations, is actually a younger Cranky Kong). He sits in his usual location. When he is dark looking he doesn't do anything (and attacking him has no effect), but when he is bright looking then he hurts you causing you to fly into oblivion (and attacking him is very hard, because he is invincible). All items from the original Donkey Kong game return as items in the stage, such as the Trouble bugs, springs, and the purse. Sakurai has stated the the stage is quite large, but the small platforms and dangers give the stage a cramped feel. If you play the original Donkey Kong, this is the third level (second in the NES version). Unlike Flat Zone, however, the stage is not completely 2-D -- the platforms have depth.
Gameplay on 75m tends to take place in the upper right hand corner. This area is much more flat and has less gaps than the rest of the level and is much less prone to random objects flying out and killing players. While a large stage in terms of death lines, it tends to feel cramped because of the many small platforms. Also, because the majority of the fighting takes place in the upper right hand corner, the stage tends to feel imbalanced towards that side. In general, it is quite difficult to KO a player off the left or bottom edges, while it is rather easy to do so off the top or right.
Songs in My Music
- Donkey Kong
- Opening (Donkey Kong)
- 25m BGM
All songs are unlocked upon obtaining stage
- This is the second largest stage in Brawl, the largest being New Pork City.
- The Score in the top left-hand corner increases by 800 for when you pick up items such as the purse, the umbrella, and the hat.
- The High score never saves after you finish brawling on this level, although it does increase with the score when you pick up certain items.
- The Donkey Kong Masterpiece starts you off on the 75m level.
- This is the only hidden stage that every song of the stage appears upon unlocking.
Play 20 brawls as Donkey Kong.